Home

Play on "PRO" with standard sliders

This is a discussion on Play on "PRO" with standard sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Play on "PRO" with standard sliders

Either last year or the year before, some interviewer asked a Madden developer which level of play best brought out the ratings of each player. The developer said he could not answer the question because it was proprietary information.

But, several years before that interview, I recall another interview where the same question was asked and the Madden employee answered by saying the ratings were best simulated at the "Pro" level.

Now, I know some of you are great players and you may balk at the idea of playing the game at the "Pro" level, but after trying All-Pro and adjusting the heck out of sliders and watching things happen that should not happen, I went to test the "Pro" setting and it was very realistic in terms of what players should do.

Speed ratings were dead on, run and pass blocking was as it should be, and the dominant players were dominant while the average players were average.
Also, it seemed to me that the teams played more like their real life counterparts.

When I play on "Pro" the ratings really matter. I'd like to see if some of you could test this out and see what you come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Trackcat's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Play on "PRO" with standard sliders

what quarter length

My EA Sports Career

New York Mets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee Vols (Football)
Kentucky Wildcats (Basketball)
Old 08-21-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Smile Re: Play on "PRO" with standard sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackcat
what quarter length
like that tn vol down there under your name bro!........i play on all-pro with default sliders and play coach only mode and i agree with the running issue but its also tuff in real life. i am struggling with the bus in the backfield but i am also bustin some off on the defense as well. last nite in my 1st franchise game the bus broke a simple iso play for 60 yds and a TD. you just gotta be patient and catch the defense in the rite situation. mix things up some, dont be so predictable. its gonna be tuff when facing a top-notch defense anyway. let me also throw this in for what its worth. i never pick a play until the CPU has picked theirs first. dont know if that matters but thats how i play. cant hurt to try it if you haven't. good luck and happy gaming to all
Old 08-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackcat
what quarter length
I like 8-9 min.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

In this years version of madden I find pro to be the most realistic playing level also.
After years of playing on all pro (The defense is TOO jacked up this year) I had to move down to pro.
Try bruins & 7's pro sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Could you post them here please
Old 08-22-2004, 12:50 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Either last year or the year before, some interviewer asked a Madden developer which level of play best brought out the ratings of each player. The developer said he could not answer the question because it was proprietary information.

But, several years before that interview, I recall another interview where the same question was asked and the Madden employee answered by saying the ratings were best simulated at the "Pro" level.

Now, I know some of you are great players and you may balk at the idea of playing the game at the "Pro" level, but after trying All-Pro and adjusting the heck out of sliders and watching things happen that should not happen, I went to test the "Pro" setting and it was very realistic in terms of what players should do.

Speed ratings were dead on, run and pass blocking was as it should be, and the dominant players were dominant while the average players were average.
Also, it seemed to me that the teams played more like their real life counterparts.

When I play on "Pro" the ratings really matter. I'd like to see if some of you could test this out and see what you come up with.

I agree with you 100% about the game playing the most realistic on the Pro difficulty. However, I still have to raise the run blocking & Running back ability sliders quite a bit to get realistic numbers.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:28 AM   #8
Rookie

i like pro, but i saw the cpu was not running enough, u?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »