Home

What is so hard about bringing out a roster update each week?

This is a discussion on What is so hard about bringing out a roster update each week? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
What is so hard about bringing out a roster update each week?

I see ESPN and EA don't bring out roster udpates each week, but tell me, what's so hard. Even during the NFL season they don't do this. I'm not b!tchin about it, but I'm just wonderin, is it harder than it looks to bring out a roster update? I know there are many guys on here that make roster updates all the time and load them up. Is it not the same for Madden online? You don't juse load it up on the server?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: What is so hard about bringing out a roster update each week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
I see ESPN and EA don't bring out roster udpates each week, but tell me, what's so hard. Even during the NFL season they don't do this. I'm not b!tchin about it, but I'm just wonderin, is it harder than it looks to bring out a roster update? I know there are many guys on here that make roster updates all the time and load them up. Is it not the same for Madden online? You don't juse load it up on the server?
Maybe there is not a lot updating to do during the season..
Old 08-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

i dont know if much has changed but ive gotten like 3 updates when logging in for ea........espn has a set schedule, first update is gonna be on the 7th, prolly gonna include rookie pics
Old 08-22-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

It takes money. They have to pay for someone to handle that, and wouldn't see much return on their investment.

Roster updates probably do generate some sales. A difference between weekly and monthly updates .... I can't imagine that selling many copies.

If you ever find yourself asking "Why can't ?" about a videogame: Follow the money.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
i dont know if much has changed but ive gotten like 3 updates when logging in for ea........espn has a set schedule, first update is gonna be on the 7th, prolly gonna include rookie pics
it's the same one. if you there are two separate roster files. an online one and offline one. if you don't load the online roster before going online, it automatically downloads the current roster update.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 05:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

There really is not a huge demand or need for weekly roster updates. First of all, the rosters don't change that much during the season, except for injuries. Secondly, unless I am mistaken, you can't load a new roster once you started a franchise. For the most part, the franchise option is the main drawing point of the game and thus the majority of people would have little need for updated rosters. Finally the people on this board aren't a fair cross section of the average Madden gamer. The majority of the people that own Madden have never taken it online and thus have never even downloaded one roster update, let alone the need for weekly updates.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its just not worth it for EA I guess..The only thing I want is some Rookie pictures becuase there are a ton of rookies with no picture.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

EA has roster updates every two weeks,but we won't see the next update until the start of the season,which makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »