Home

Analyzing SirTru's Sliders. "Millenium Edition"

This is a discussion on Analyzing SirTru's Sliders. "Millenium Edition" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wink Analyzing SirTru's Sliders. "Millenium Edition"

For those who reguarly visit the "MaddenMania" forums you will understand what this is. For those who don't, let me explain:

SirTru, the creator of probably the most used and realistic All-Madden sliders had a post created to keep track of peoples stats and thoughts from results of games using his sliders. It is still pretty popular, but sadly SirTru has discontinued his work . However, an OS poster by the name of Millenium has came out with his lastest tweaks to SirTru's sliders brining good results to those still suffering from the lack of the CPU's rushing attack and such things as Human DB's awareness.

Since there still hasn't been a "complete" All-Madden slider that I'm aware of and SirTru has( from what I hear ) given up on his All-Madden sliders, I was thinking this was a good idea to start a thread of our own to finally accomplish that one goal many of you want: some perfect sliders!

This thread, if there is enough involment, will provide a place to post in-depth analysis and report of games played with Millenium's tweaks to SirTru's sliders. If we can grab enough players to test exhibition games we may finally soon be able to get a perfected set of All-Madden sliders. I will atleast post once or twice a day the results of a game and my thoughts and conclusions to changes or breakdowns experienced with the sliders. So to start off I'll post the sliders and get my first game posted here in a bit. Hopefully Millenium himself will get involved and others who appreciate these sliders, but feel the imperfections as well as I do. Here are SirTru's sliders with Millenium's tweaks for all those how want to test them out:

Designed For:
12 Minute Quarters
Accelerated Clock: On

Offense: Human | CPU
QB Accuracy: 9 | 7
Pass Block: 11 | 7
WR Catching: 10 | 8
RB Ability: 13 | 15
Run Block: 13 (+2) | 18

Defense: Human | CPU
Awareness: 17 (+1) | 7 (-2)
Knockdowns: 14 | 12
Interceptions: 8 | 7
Break Blocks: 7 | 9
Tackling: 0 (-8) | 0 (-10)

Special Teams Human | CPU
FG Length: 10 | 10
FG Accuracy: 9 | 8
Punt Length: 9 | 19
Punt Accuracy: 10 | 12
Kickoff Length: 10 | 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Analyzing SirTru's Sliders. "Millenium Edition"

The guy that analyzed them at MM was a lot more in depth, so his thread made sense. This is just testing and posting results, which would still perfectly fit into the slider thread at the top of this page. If you add a little more depth to what you are sayin, there might be a point to this thread. Other than that, it's basically saying test the sliders and post your results.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Baltimore Ravens(Me) vs. Arizona Cardinals

Ravens- 7 14 0 3 | 24
Cardinals-7 13 8 7 | 35

Stats-
Ravens\Cards

Score: 25 35
Total Off: 403 302
Rusing Yards: 160 50
Passing Yards: 243 252
Penalties: 2-10 0-0
T.O.P: 29:07 18:53

Individual-
Ravens

K.Boller: 22/41, 278yds(49 long), 1TD, 4 INTS, 5 sacks. 43.6 Rating, 53% Comp.

J.Lewis: 27Att for 160yds(5.1 AVG). 2TD, 6 Btk

T. Taylor: 6 Rec for 101yds(49 long), 1 TD
T. Heap: 4 Rec for 25yds
R. Hymes: 4 Rec 49yds
etc...

R.Lewis: 7 tack, 2 loss
G.Baxter: 5 tack
P. Boulware: 5 tack, 3 loss
etc...

Cardinals

J.McCown: 20/31, 258yds(64 long), 3TD, 0INT, 2 sacks. 122.7 rating, 64% Comp.

E.Smith: 16Att for 38yds(2.3AVG). 1TD, 2 Btk

B.Johnson: 5 Rec for 37yds
A.Boldin: 3 Rec for 44yds
L.Fitzgerald: 3 Rec for 116yds(64 long), 2TD
etc..

D.Macklin: 10 tack
R.McKinnon: 10 tack, 1 loss, 1INT
B.Berry: 7 tack, 1 sack
R.Thompson: 6 tack, 1 loss, 1 sack,
etc..

------
Game Notes:
Considering the amounts of INT I threw, I don't believe that the CPU awareness is to high. I pretty much had that situation where everything that could go wrong did. 2 INT were caused by me getting hit just as I released, causing the ball to be an easy target.
Also seeing I had so many turnovers, it costed me 17 points by placing the CPU offense a short distance to make touchdowns. My D played a strong part in the first half considering the 2 INT's I threw took only about 60 and 30 yds for them to score.
The running game for the Human side was perfect. I kept note on how much pancakes my O-Line created leading to big wholes and the rushing numbers. The left side(strongest of the Ravens) was open all day showing that maybe skill ratings do play a role. Running under my powerful O-Line was great. The passing game however, just had it spills. The Cards defense brought some heavy pressure causing me to throw a bit to quick and creating the 5 sacks. I consider myself a good passer, but the circumstances lead to my loss turnovers left me trailing.
On the Defensive side of the ball, McAlister showed why he is the best DB in the league. I noticed that the QB rarely passed to A.Boldin because of the fact of his presence. McAlister had 0 tackles this game because he NEVER allowed Boldin to catch a single pass the whole game. The receptions Bolin got was from McAlister playing zone coverage. So I do believe that skill ratings to play a role.

Issues:
The main concern I had was the CPU passing game... J.McCown had a QB Rating of 122.7 completing 64% of his passes for 258 yards and 3TD's! That is just insane. My last three games had similar results, but with a more involved running game where E.Smith only provided 38yds in this game. Something has to be done about this killer CPU air attack. Baxter was having a difficult time handling Fitzgerald and so I usually used double coverage, but the CPU always found some other target or found a way to get it to Fitzgerald anyway. Of course the CPU will never run when there passing game is so successful... Even though I had so many turnovers leading to the high scoring, the Cards did manage two full drives down the field, relying only on passing. As of now I see flaws in the CPU great passing attack. If we can equate this out... Raven's powerful D vs. a mediocre McCown, isn't going to produce a 122.7 rated QB.

Conclusion: If anyone has any other Q's about this game or has any thing they want input go ahead. I hope some of you will get involved in helping accomplish our goal is producing an accurate set of sliders. Also if anyone know a code for placing in stats, would be appreciated .

Last edited by Schigny; 08-24-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
The guy that analyzed them at MM was a lot more in depth, so his thread made sense. This is just testing and posting results, which would still perfectly fit into the slider thread at the top of this page. If you add a little more depth to what you are sayin, there might be a point to this thread. Other than that, it's basically saying test the sliders and post your results.
How can you make first impressions when I haven't even posted my first reults? Like I said I would add in thoughts and areas where I find flaws... Please don't come in my thread trying to disrupt me when I'm only trying to forward progress in completing sliders. I created this thread to make it a easily accessed hub for one specific slider. Not an array of them.

Last edited by Schigny; 08-24-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schigny
How can you make first impressions when I haven't even posted my first reults? Like I said I would add in thoughts and areas where I find flaws... Please don't come in my thread trying to disrupt me when I'm only trying to forward progress in completing sliders. I created this thread to make it a easily accessed hub for one specific slider. Not an array of them.
I'm with you man. I would love to have a great set of sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 10:01 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schigny
Do you see any other solo slider threads around here? "Disrupt" your thread, lmao.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:10 PM   #7
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Do you see any other solo slider threads around here? "Disrupt" your thread, lmao.
Have you ever tried to go through the slider thread??? I don't think an extra thread for those who are trying to work on a single set of sliders is going to hurt the Madden forum. Ease up a little, take a deep breath and relax...
Old 08-24-2004, 10:11 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
Have you ever tried to go through the slider thread??? I don't think an extra thread for those who are trying to work on a single set of sliders is going to hurt the Madden forum. Ease up a little, take a deep breath and relax...
....it worked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »