Home

IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

This is a discussion on IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
Didn't you read what he said about the ai? It will punish you if you dont make the right adjustments and play it like a game of football on sunday. True the franchise has bugs, but lay off the ai.
I refuse to even start arguing about this, it's pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 01:20 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRifle1z
What you have to understand about ESPN is you will be PUNISHED by the other team if you pick the wrong defense, or make the wrong adjustments to the players.
ROFLMAO! You are joking - right? The only thing the AI does in ESPN is allow you to rack up passing and running yards in any way you please on offense and on defense allows the opponent to rack up yards by making your DB do weird, huge circle animations, screwed up jumps in the wrong direction and face backwards to the play.

Yeah, that's "great" AI that "punishes" the player. ROFL!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:17 PM   #43
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyway...back to the point of the thread. There is no way Madden is doomed, there will be one more edition with the typical upgrades then a major overhaul for next gen systems.

ESPN is in far worse shape, the product is still afflicted with lots of bugs that have not been ironed out in years. Does anyone honestly think they have the resources and ability to come out with a game for next gen systems that will be able to compete with Madden? The only way ESPN beats Madden is for EA to fall flat on thier face or for ESPN to deliver a knockout punch, neither one of which seems close to happening.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:18 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudr
ROFLMAO! You are joking - right? The only thing the AI does in ESPN is allow you to rack up passing and running yards in any way you please on offense and on defense allows the opponent to rack up yards by making your DB do weird, huge circle animations, screwed up jumps in the wrong direction and face backwards to the play.

Yeah, that's "great" AI that "punishes" the player. ROFL!
Daudr your just an espn *****.I would love to hear from the horses mouth that you are aware of the problems with madden because there are tons of them.All I ever see you do is rip espn I know you know that madden has its own problems and $50.00 for the same old game gets old after a while ,this is why my copy is sitting at gamestop
Old 08-26-2004, 02:19 PM   #45
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
Anyway...back to the point of the thread. There is no way Madden is doomed, there will be one more edition with the typical upgrades then a major overhaul for next gen systems.

ESPN is in far worse shape, the product is still afflicted with lots of bugs that have not been ironed out in years. Does anyone honestly think they have the resources and ability to come out with a game for next gen systems that will be able to compete with Madden? The only way ESPN beats Madden is for EA to fall flat on thier face or for ESPN to deliver a knockout punch, neither one of which seems close to happening.
could you name most of the bugs you see in espn. I'm sure there many its just that i haven't seen most of them.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:32 PM   #46
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
could you name most of the bugs you see in espn. I'm sure there many its just that i haven't seen most of them.
I am not going to go into all the bugs here. There is no reason to start a war about it. If you are interested you can go back to this thread in the ESPN forum where I named a FEW of them; http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...86#post1127786

Now that I look at the other thread I see that you were there too and you were saying that you did not see any bugs then too. If you did not see them then and have not seen them since, you are lucky and don't notice things like this. I suggest if you don't see them then don't look for them, they may end up ruining tha game for you like they did me.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

ESPN did pretty well this year and could potentially do even better next year if they keep their price the same and if Madden doesn't redo its cosmetics completely. Gameplay may be king, but graphical superioty will often suggest superior quality in general to the typical game consumers. I had a bunch of friends over to play ESPN the other day, none of which had ever played the 2k series, and before we'd even kicked off they were already saying "wow! this is way better than Madden!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes

Old 08-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #48
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit
ESPN did pretty well this year and could potentially do even better next year if they keep their price the same and if Madden doesn't redo its cosmetics completely. Gameplay may be king, but graphical superioty will often suggest superior quality in general to the typical game consumers. I had a bunch of friends over to play ESPN the other day, none of which had ever played the 2k series, and before we'd even kicked off they were already saying "wow! this is way better than Madden!"
I totally agree that casual fans are wowed by graphics but this is more than offset by the name recognition of Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »