Home

Running up the score online...good or bad?

This is a discussion on Running up the score online...good or bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #57
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Running up the score online...good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplaya2023
lol no im not 40 im 19. I was saying some of the people here are 40 and getting mad over a videogame.

I see what you guys are saying about sportsmanship but you cant expect everyone to follow your taboo's and creed when it comes to playing a video game online.

Letting your 3 year old son playing a game of the likes of halo, squarely falls on the shoulders of the parent. I wouldnt condone such actions, but also im not the parent and you raise your children accordingly.

As much as videogames are part of certain people's live's it still doesnt condome verbal abuse such as screaming into a headset and using foul language against someone because they decide to keep playing does it???? If your at work and in a phone meeting and the person your meeting with says a comment you dont like, are you gonna start screaming at him??????
I would like you to go back and find anywhere in my post where I said I screamed at him on the headset. Yes, I took the headset and yes, I dogged the guy pretty good for what he was doing, but nowhere did I say I screamed at him. As a matter of fact, I was quite calm because I have learned that being calm ususally yields the best results. I simply asked him to please help me understand what his motivation for scoring more points was, especially since my son had already said he just wanted the game to end and would not use his timeouts. I really wanted to know what his motivation was. Of course, he had no answer and just babbled about how this was the way he had always played. Turns out he was 17 and no one had ever taught him any better. I explained to him how if he cared an ounce about his reputation and wanted to play other good players, that he would learn when to call off the dogs. We actually talked over the headset for about 15 minutes and I even apologized to him for being so harsh and he said that there was no need for an apology, that I was right, that he shouldn't have tried to rub it in. He apologized to ME for his behavior and then asked if he could add me as a friend. He did and two nights later I played him myself and he kicked my butt 27-7, but at the end of the game he had the ball and just ran the ball up the gut to kill the clock.

So for every empty soul out there that thinks doing this kind of crap is cool, there's also some decent people who just need to be told how it is. Personally, I care about the way I'm viewed on Xbox Live, but it's ok if you don't. Whoever I play will always leave the game knowing that I treated them with respect and dignity, something that a lot of people don't get.

Yeah, I'm 45 and my tolerance level for idiocy has shrunk to an all time low and I won't hesitate to tell you or any other kid on Xbox Live what I expect. I'm not asking for much, just a decent game with a guy that can handle himself with class...that approach has obviously escaped you.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTell
I play the game for me AND ME ONLY. How can people condone running up the score on friends, but not doing it on strangers?

That's like ramming into my sister's car and not telling her, but having the type of moral fiber to tell a stranger if I did the same thing. Yea, now lets hear someone say don't compare videogames to real life.
With an attitude like that I'll bet you're a real hit with the ladies.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTell
I play the game for me AND ME ONLY. How can people condone running up the score on friends, but not doing it on strangers?

That's like ramming into my sister's car and not telling her, but having the type of moral fiber to tell a stranger if I did the same thing. Yea, now lets hear someone say don't compare videogames to real life.

well said indeed
Old 08-30-2004, 02:49 PM   #60
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplaya2023
if we were playing football in real life i could better agree and understand your point. But were playing online against someone we will problably never see in our lives. So what is the big deal if they run the score up, you still lose the game and get the lost. You cant tell other people how to play a videogame in which they spend money on you just cant. Thas like playing halo and killing someone over and over and over again knowing your gonna win in the end, its all in good fun IMO
They also are to abide to the XBL/PS2 online TOS, which technically prohibits acting like a self-indulgent deprived baby and running up the scores in sport sims, selfishly wasting time for no reason at all. What kind of "fun" do you think people these extract for being so inconsiderate?. 95% of these people fall into the following category:

a)Kids under 13(another violation)/dumb teens
b)illiterate immature adults
c)individuals w/major issues

And these people should have their accounts revoked until they iron out there issues in real life because it really can ruin the online expirience for others.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
They also are to abide to the XBL/PS2 online TOS, which technically prohibits acting like a self-indulgent deprived baby and running up the scores in sport sims, selfishly wasting time for no reason at all. What kind of "fun" do you think people these extract for being so inconsiderate?. 95% of these people fall into the following category:

a)Kids under 13(another violation)/dumb teens
b)illiterate immature adults
c)individuals w/major issues

And these people should have their accounts revoked until they iron out there issues in real life because it really can ruin the online expirience for others.

Quote the TOS where it says "running up the school is against our rules" i would never play madden online again. Again its a videogame if you dont like someone scoring on you then u have 2 options. 1. Play better defense 2. Quit

Its that simple. Why are you generalizing catagories people fall into, thas another story. Who are you or anyone out there that is to say how someone can play a game or not, if you feel u been had by an opponent u can gvie her/him negative feedback, theres no need to question peoples morals or values just by the way they play a videogame???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

I like your grit Badgun, but you shouldn't even waste your time on these guys.. What good will it do to curse them out.. They don't get it, & why curse like that infront of your son.. I've played this guy & his son on R63... Kind of upset me cause his 11 yr old son was treated awful by many gamers & getting kicked out for choosing the wrong gun or being too young.. Jplaya.. Moss = moss period.. Culpepper doesn't make Moss good, Moss makes Moss look good.. Get that straight..
Old 08-30-2004, 03:40 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

From the EA TOS:
"You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.
You will not do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing an EA game and using the Service, in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

The first one I added because I know your a big fan of cheesing. It is against the rules to exploit bugs in the game.

Running up the score falls under the 2nd one

Basically, what you've said is it's ok to do it because it's over the internet, and nothing is going to happen to you as opposed to real life. Time to grow some balls.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:56 PM   #64
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
From the EA TOS:
"You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.
You will not do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing an EA game and using the Service, in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

The first one I added because I know your a big fan of cheesing. It is against the rules to exploit bugs in the game.

Running up the score falls under the 2nd one

Basically, what you've said is it's ok to do it because it's over the internet, and nothing is going to happen to you as opposed to real life. Time to grow some balls.

Score one for NYJets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »