Home

what the heck is wrong with the AI?

This is a discussion on what the heck is wrong with the AI? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: what the heck is wrong with the AI?

This is all you need to know about the AI in Madden and in NFL 2K5.
Madden: A team is down 35-17 in the fourth quarter, the AI calls pass plays with a few draws thrown in.
NFL 2K5: A team is down 35-17 in the fourth quarter, the AI is still pounding the ball up the middle because that is what the coach's VIP says he will do. It doesn't take in account the situation.
NFL 2K5 is an inferior product. It looks like Carmen Electra, but plays like David Arquette.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:20 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby789
This is all you need to know about the AI in Madden and in NFL 2K5.
Madden: A team is down 35-17 in the fourth quarter, the AI calls pass plays with a few draws thrown in.
NFL 2K5: A team is down 35-17 in the fourth quarter, the AI is still pounding the ball up the middle because that is what the coach's VIP says he will do. It doesn't take in account the situation.
NFL 2K5 is an inferior product. It looks like Carmen Electra, but plays like David Arquette.
Long live the fanboys!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Long live the fanboys!!!
And you're not a fanboy, huh?
I couldn't care less which game is better. I think they are both even, it's just in the AI department, Madden is better. That is a fact. ESPN is better in other areas. That, too, is a fact.
So before you go throwing around the word "fanboy," you should look at yourself in the mirror.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I couldn't care less which game is better. I think they are both even, it's just in the AI department, Madden is better. That is a fact. ESPN is better in other areas. That, too, is a fact.
So before you go throwing around the word "fanboy," you should look at yourself in the mirror.
Newsflash guys. THIS IS AN ESPN SITE. Read some of these numbnuts on this thread talking about Madden and how we are brainwashed. Just read this garbage. Brainwashed?? Over a video game?? Some of you need to kiss a girl real real fast.

Oh yea by the way Madden is once again the BETTER game. Try again next year Gameday........I mean ESPN.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:05 AM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Explain how I am a fanboy....

Neither of the things you state are facts, they are merely your opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
Newsflash guys. THIS IS AN ESPN SITE. Read some of these numbnuts on this thread talking about Madden and how we are brainwashed. Just read this garbage. Brainwashed?? Over a video game?? Some of you need to kiss a girl real real fast.

Oh yea by the way Madden is once again the BETTER game. Try again next year Gameday........I mean ESPN.

LMAO!!!. Sad.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:44 AM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
OOOHHH. Almost had it. Previously banned users are not allowed back. Sorry.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
How can you praise the AI of Madden? Haven't you tried out any of these money plays that are being discussed in this thread? The hallmark of AI is adaptation. Madden does not adapt. Because of this, Madden's AI is, for all intent, non-existent. Give credit to Sega for trying something new. Don't be surprised if you see VIP incorporated into Madden 2006. I would certainly be happy if EA implemented VIP in Madden (call it filmroom or something else). If an idea is good then steal it. Perhaps this is good way to get the AI to respond so that money plays are a thing of the past.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »