Home

Old 09-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Deep Ball?

No problem, glad I could help.

The first time I beat a slow LB with a speedy WR on a streak route by 5 yards on All-Madden, I was so I happy, I had to share.

Glad to see others will be enjoying the feeling as well.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

I had the same problem of hitting deep balls but I started pressin up on the D pad when I throw and it has been leading the recievers really nicely for deep routes.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:38 PM   #19
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I have my qb acc at default on all-pro and am not having much of a problem throwing the deep ball. Its an issue of timing and touch on the ball from what I've seen...not to mention the cb vs wr matchup. I don't throw the deep ball alot though because I can get pretty good gains from YAC which is an aspect that I relly like about Madden's passing game.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:39 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

With A.J. Feeley on All-Madden I can complete deep fly patterns to Chambers with fairly decent success (no safety help). You have to MAX lead the receiver with a lob and use the d-pad not the analog stick. I too had a hard time getting the ball deep enough with the analog stick and found it very difficult to simply overthrow the receiver until I started using the d-pad. Use the practice mode to help with this.

I don't feel its necessary to edit QB accuracy or DB jumping to complete the deep ball on All-Madden. I will say that I have lowered the CPU DB awareness and knockdown to 4 (using mainly DanSF49 sliders on All-Madden) so maybe it acts similarily but I don't want to see all QBs too accurate.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:21 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

I would also suggest practicing with a custom camera angle so your passes are all done via the long camera. It makes it much easier to see which side of the receiver the corner is playing and that allows you to throw it away from the coverage. When your receiver has inside position, you can gun it in and inside and he'll come down with it the majority of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Deep ball is basically the only way i can score playing online, everybody is too good at playing defense. I get moss and cullpepper and throw it deep most of the time.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Have you guys noticed that when you throw up a lob, and then Swap into the WR and hit turbo as the camera is moving to show you the catch your player will slow down by a step or two?

Its really subtle. But do it in practice enough and you will see it.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:37 PM   #24
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8

Theres been occasioins on all- madden where the DB mistimes his swat and my WR takes it to the house. It doesn't happen often but then again its also realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »