Home

Going Back To The Past

This is a discussion on Going Back To The Past within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Going Back To The Past

I've given this gen my best shot. I've been hopeful about Madden 20; but all indications are leading to players like myself, Franchise Sim-Mode Players, being left behind and out in the cold. I remember this franchise and EA products in general in a better place and time back in the day. So, I've made the decision to go back to the past. I'm going to invest in a OG Xbox and PS2 and grab the retro Madden games from their heyday between 04-11 and play those. The same goes for NCAA and MVP Baseball too. I don't know, maybe by the time my 4 y/o son is in high school we will have great options again. Until then...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Going Back To The Past

If you are that fed up with Madden as a whole and Madden 20 already, it's probably time to move forward/onward and go back to the past.

Last edited by roadman; 06-10-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

The best of the past/retro versions is PC.

Tons of mods for 08, and rosters for almost all versions 2005-08.

Every version has some quirks and flaws, but at least its a fairly immersing experience, with some long term playability.

.. until we get another company in the NFL fold, we're never going to get the franchise mode we deserve. Just a fact of life at this point.

Very simply, EA isn't interested.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
The best of the past/retro versions is PC.

Tons of mods for 08, and rosters for almost all versions 2005-08.

Every version has some quirks and flaws, but at least its a fairly immersing experience, with some long term playability.

.. until we get another company in the NFL fold, we're never going to get the franchise mode we deserve. Just a fact of life at this point.

Very simply, EA isn't interested.
I wanna try 04 and 05 again. They had the Tony Bruno radio show, Coordinators and deep Franchise Modes. I think I'm a try to grab Madden 08 for the PC as well. I've heard a lot about the mods for that game!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah you really can't go wrong with any of the PS2/Xbox Maddens from 04-08. I personally am playing Madden 07.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I wanna try 04 and 05 again. They had the Tony Bruno radio show, Coordinators and deep Franchise Modes. I think I'm a try to grab Madden 08 for the PC as well. I've heard a lot about the mods for that game!
I was one that didn't enjoy Bruno at all and I think around that time, they had a radio person over the PA for announcing games. I didn't like that, either.

However, the mods were great on PC back in the those days.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

If you can get past the scouting system, 12 is my favorite Madden.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

There are actually a lot of games that I didn't get a chance to play that I'm looking forward to. Once the Xbox 360 came out I didn't play any of the NCAA games on PS2 after that and I hear that those were some of the best. I never got a chance to play the MVP NCAA Baseball games. I just bought MVP NCAA 06 off of Ebay. So, I'm looking forward to going retro playing the old Maddens and all...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »