Home

Getting the CPU to run more ?

This is a discussion on Getting the CPU to run more ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Getting the CPU to run more ?

Quick Questions. I know I can go into Franchise with 32 teams and raise the CPU Coaches running % but I had a couple questions.

1. How much should you raise it to get realistic numbers ?

---I just tried it by raising the Ravens 15% to 68% vs. The Bengals. In the first half they ran the ball 20 times and threw 3.

2. I've switched all the CPU coaches to CPU control in the management section. Will the CPU still attempt trades?

--I noticed they do depth charts and sign free agents but I am not sure about putting guys on the trading block and such.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #2
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Getting the CPU to run more ?

The CPU doesn't trade during the season anyway so it's not an issue.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

on All-Pro and All-Madden, i max both the CPU RBA and RB, and they still dont run enough or effectively. ive pretty much given up. i also put the HUM AWR at 6 on AP, and my BB at 0. no dice.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:43 AM   #4
Pro

parrothead's Arena

I think he means the coaching philosophy sliders in Franchise. If you mess with the sliders for sim games they seem to get a little to extreme. Running backs seem to get to many carries. I mess with them when I play that team in Franchise, then after the game I put them back. Sim stats seem okay, but very seldom does the CPU run enough in played games.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:51 AM   #5
player

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
on All-Pro and All-Madden, i max both the CPU RBA and RB, and they still dont run enough or effectively. ive pretty much given up. i also put the HUM AWR at 6 on AP, and my BB at 0. no dice.
Bring down human tackling too. I still don't get enough but I do give up 100 yards once in a while on All Pro. i think the key is break block. if the cpu has success with the run AND is not getting crushed it will run.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2004, 09:14 AM   #6
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
I think he means the coaching philosophy sliders in Franchise. If you mess with the sliders for sim games they seem to get a little to extreme. Running backs seem to get to many carries. I mess with them when I play that team in Franchise, then after the game I put them back. Sim stats seem okay, but very seldom does the CPU run enough in played games.

I guess I should ask this in the Slider forum. But I did mean coaching sliders.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I have tackling set at 3. and my BB is 0. i just had a game against the Bengals in which Rudi Johnson ran 29 times for 110yds. so maybe there is hope.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I have tackling set at 3. and my BB is 0. i just had a game against the Bengals in which Rudi Johnson ran 29 times for 110yds. so maybe there is hope.
I don't think those sliders affect the number of times the cpu runs. I think if those are lower they may run more because they are having more success.

My question is regarding th coaching sliders and the % each coach's playcalling is split. That will make the cpu run more if the team is a running team all the time.

As an example, I played the Redskins & the Eagles. Portis is leading the league in Rushing but only ran 16 times in a close game. They never even tried to establish a running game. Adjusting the coaching Strategy may get them to run the ball more right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »