Home

DB control issues

This is a discussion on DB control issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
DB control issues

Okay, so I always miss out on the interception because whenever the ball is thrown, I'll switch to the closest guy and try to hit "Y" to go for the INT, but he just starts to tackle the guy instead, or do something other than jump up and go for the ball. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I'm missing? I mean, I would do this last year and get user picks all the time. Now I get none.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: DB control issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
Okay, so I always miss out on the interception because whenever the ball is thrown, I'll switch to the closest guy and try to hit "Y" to go for the INT, but he just starts to tackle the guy instead, or do something other than jump up and go for the ball. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I'm missing? I mean, I would do this last year and get user picks all the time. Now I get none.
I find it extremely difficult to get user picks if the receiver is close. A lot of the time my DB will miss the pick allowing the receiver to catch it. I usually use the swat ball button which almost always breaks up the play. I only go for the pick when I have time to jump the route and get some space between me and the receiver.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:51 PM   #3
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I find it extremely difficult to get user picks if the receiver is close. A lot of the time my DB will miss the pick allowing the receiver to catch it. I usually use the swat ball button which almost always breaks up the play. I only go for the pick when I have time to jump the route and get some space between me and the receiver.

Yeah you have to turn the Pass Defend Assist thing off.. or whatever its called..
Old 09-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #4
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Yeah you have to turn the Pass Defend Assist thing off.. or whatever its called..
What exactly does that option do? What does the WR assist do as well?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

Quote:
What exactly does that option do? What does the WR assist do as well?

That option makes the computer automatically decide what your defender will do as long as you putthe defender in the right place... So If you are trailing the reciever it will basically press the L1 swat ball button for you...

And with the WR assist it helps your WR in catching when you are controlling him... It will basically hit the Triangle button for you...

So it's basically semi-automatic..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
That option makes the computer automatically decide what your defender will do as long as you putthe defender in the right place... So If you are trailing the reciever it will basically press the L1 swat ball button for you...

And with the WR assist it helps your WR in catching when you are controlling him... It will basically hit the Triangle button for you...

So it's basically semi-automatic..
No wonder they never do what I want them to...

With the WR assist off, if you dont press triangle will they still catch it or will the ball just bounce off them? I like catching it myself on deeper patterns but not quick enough to hit triangle on slant patterns or short passes.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

Quote:
No wonder they never do what I want them to...

With the WR assist off, if you dont press triangle will they still catch it or will the ball just bounce off them? I like catching it myself on deeper patterns but not quick enough to hit triangle on slant patterns or short passes.

They will hit triangle for you, from my experince, but I dont use it so I am not 100% sure.. But I know that I absolutely hate the DB Assist, because it screws up your User Picks, and instead knocks the ball down..
Old 09-14-2004, 08:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hmm... I turned it off in Franchise mode, but it's still doing it. Do I have to turn it off at the main screen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »