Home

Any PC Madden players?......played both?

This is a discussion on Any PC Madden players?......played both? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Any PC Madden players?......played both?

Just curious, any PC Madden 2005 players out there?.......If so, have you played or own the console version as well? Im curious as to how you feel about the gameplay comparisons between both. I know the PC is a port from the console, but I am interested in the subtle differences people notice between the pc and console versions such as smoother analog control, or more fluid movement, ect ect. Which do you prefer?

Finally, I was curious to what you all think are the BEST PC sliders out there right now? Im currently playing on PRO mode but am finding the passing game to be a bit too easy to get seperation but before I step up to ALL PRO, I'd like to hear what you all think is a good balance because I certainly dont want to go from one extreme to another and find myself playing with all super human DBs that break for the ball immediately after you press the reciever button like in NCAA 2005. I'd like to strike a good balance between the 2.

Also, How do you all feel about the POSITION BATTLES feature in the game....will a number 2 reciever ever actually take away the job from a number 1 if he performs better but still has lower player ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any PC Madden players?......played both?

Until last week, I was a console player. When my dog ate the PS2, I bought the PC version. The biggest change for me so far has been getting used to the timing, especially with kicking and punting. With the PS2, you push a button and the action is immediate. When it comes to kicking/punting on the PC, I am having to learn to push the button waaaaaay early (I'm not sure if this is universal or if it is just my PC). Needless to say, I am missing a lot of PATs and shanking a lot of 20-yard punts.

I bought an adapter and was hoping to be able to use the PS2 gamepad, but I haven't been able to configure the buttons (and I'm too stubborn/lazy to retrain my brain to learn a new set). So I miss the "feel" of the console game.

But I do love the quick load times for the PC, and the graphics are nice! So I do think that once I get used to the new timing, I'll feel like I have a better game (although I'm still bitter about the loss of the PS2).

As for sliders, I'm wondering the same thing. I started on Pro (default sliders) and knew right away that it was too easy, mainly because I'm still not very good at this game, and I was winning. So I decided to move it up to All Pro, and I took Jistic's console sliders and converted the numbers to match the equivalent on a 100-point scale. These are working well for me, except I decided to bump up Human tackling a little bit. So I'm going to go with those and make adjustments if any need to be made.

I haven't gotten far enough in franchise mode to answer the question about position battles, but I did get two funny emails from player agents saying that their respective guy should be #1 or I was going to have to deal with them!

Hope this helps - enjoy the game!
Old 09-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would you mind posting those sliders for me please, I would like some great PC sliders.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
Pr*

Defel's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm finding the hitstick less responsive in the PC version. Also, I'm really missing the Defense Pass Assist option that is in the console version.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #5
Banned

Have any of you tried ESP 2K5 this year?....I own 2K5 on the XBOX and have enjoyed the many different player ratings and attributes that the game rates for each player to really give them a sense of individuality...so you can see more subtle differences in similar player performances such as a Priest Holmes vs a Ahman Green or a Randy Moss vs a Terrell Owens. Does Madden have more player ratings that are perhaps hidden?....

...and also, do the players in Madden always perform up to there ratings? Im hoping not. Im hoping that guys with really great ratings sometimes under achieve and vice verca, guys with poor ratings step up from time to time to add some more unpredictable variety into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
Banned

Does anyone know if players actually under or over perform outside of their player rating numbers?

for example has anyone seen any surprise over achievers or under achievers in Madden?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #7
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon7 Re: Any PC Madden players?......played both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou1975
Would you mind posting those sliders for me please, I would like some great PC sliders.
Ditto! I had the xbox version and the pc version, i preferred the pc version as the graphics were crisper and it was so much easier to keep the teams updated. I have a Logitech dual action gamepad and the controls are fine on my pc, try reinstalling your drivers. I had a ps2 pad but i found that it kept freezing on ALL easports games. Peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »