Home

PC version in-game saves?

This is a discussion on PC version in-game saves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Zazza29's Arena

OVR: 1
PC version in-game saves?

Noticed that it appears you can save during a game. I tried it out and was given the option to save the franchise. So I did that, exited out and went back in and tried to load it - when I loaded it, the game just started over with the kickoff but the score stayed the same (10-3). Also, all players had the number 0. What the???

Anyone have any luck with saving during games and going back later to finish? I'd really like to use this feature if it actually exists!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2004, 05:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: PC version in-game saves?

Sorry Zazza,
It does not exist. You cannot save during a game with the PC version.

Wander
Old 09-25-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Zazza29's Arena

ahh that sucks. but that explains why it messed everything up when i tried to do it. thanks for the info. i'm really surprised that ea didn't bother to incorporate this at least into the PC version. oh well. thanks again.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have saved during a game several dozen times on the PC...I don't know what you mean Wander, I do this all the time in my franchises and it works like a charm.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
Rookie

I have also been able to save and resume play, but on one occasion I did get the team of slow, fat guys all wearing "0" jerseys. I'm not sure what caused it, and it's only happened once. All the other saves have worked just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't know what Wander is talking about because the save game feature is in the pc version and the Xbox version as well (and probably PS2 also).

A lot of people make the mistake of saving the game, then exiting out and saving the FRANCHISE when asked. If you do that then you lose your saved game. You only need to save your game.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Zazza29's Arena

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll have to give it a try tonight. But basically what you're saying is to just save the game itself and then exit out of Madden without saving the franchise - and then load it back up and load the franchise normally?

Just want to make sure I don't screw up! Thanks again for your help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »