Home

list of Madden 12 controls

This is a discussion on list of Madden 12 controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12
list of Madden 12 controls

I noticed there is no mention of the hit stick in the manual, but it's definitely still in the game as I used it in one of the mini-games. Is there a complete list somewhere of the Madden 12 controls? I'm wondering if there is anything else that I don't know about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: list of Madden 12 controls

I am curious also as I am playing as the Browns and using Peyton Hillis who is rated a 99 Trucking yet when I push up on the stick to truck someone I usually get nailed with a WWF style tackle that knocks Hillis backwards. This should rarely happen and most times he should be able to power through the tackle for a few yards, even if just falling forward. It doesn;t feel like the stick is doing anything now and when I look in the "manual" it doesn;t een mention the stick other than "juke".

So how do you deliver a blow as a running back now? Did they remove that?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can pump fake to a specific receiver by holding the L-trigger and pressing the button of the receiver you want to fake to. Makes sluggo routes a whole lot more effective.

The only mention of it in the "manual" is on the control screen, where it tells you the L-trigger is a "receiver fake" or something like that. I never would have found it if they hadn't listed it in the review guide.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I am curious also as I am playing as the Browns and using Peyton Hillis who is rated a 99 Trucking yet when I push up on the stick to truck someone I usually get nailed with a WWF style tackle that knocks Hillis backwards. This should rarely happen and most times he should be able to power through the tackle for a few yards, even if just falling forward. It doesn;t feel like the stick is doing anything now and when I look in the "manual" it doesn;t een mention the stick other than "juke".

So how do you deliver a blow as a running back now? Did they remove that?
I'm having the same problem with Legarrette Blount. I'm not able to truck small DB's as a matter of fact I think I've only trucked a LB once and it was the slow collision then step over the defender type. You know the one where after the players collide the runner steps over the guy. This is cool to look at but when it happens I'm usually tackled from behind by 2 or 3 guys.

The trucking animation is still in the game (see my thread) but it seems toned down due to all of the new tackle animations.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGOmik
You can pump fake to a specific receiver by holding the L-trigger and pressing the button of the receiver you want to fake to. Makes sluggo routes a whole lot more effective.

The only mention of it in the "manual" is on the control screen, where it tells you the L-trigger is a "receiver fake" or something like that. I never would have found it if they hadn't listed it in the review guide.
Nice I didn't know that one.

Did you know you can hold RB button while user controlling a DB or LB and manually bump a WR off his route? You don't have to be lined up in front of the WR either, just get inside him and the d-line hand hold the button prior to the snap. Works great on slowing down the inside slant route the ppl love so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I still haven't found a list of controls... did some googling and came up empty. I know there's more controls than the ones listed in the manual as I saw a whole bunch of "defensive controls" while the game was loading up, including the hit stick. Of course, it was only on my TV for about 5 seconds, so I have no idea how to see that diagram again.

Is there any sort of website or guide that has a list of all gameplay controls? This is really frustrating. I think this is the first game I've ever bought where I can't figure out what buttons do what.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

[quote=FGOmik;2042790098] You can pump fake to a specific receiver by holding the L-trigger and pressing the button of the receiver you want to fake to. Makes sluggo routes a whole lot more effective.

I've heard this but can't do it for the life of me. I sat in practice (PS3) constantly trying. I get the generic pump fake and as soon as I press receiver button (even while holding R1) the ball is thrown. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

You need to hold L2 and hit the receiver button. I know that's weird, because R1 is the generic pump fake. *shrug*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »