Home

Tutorial on how to fix non working Madden roster saves from XB LIVE.

This is a discussion on Tutorial on how to fix non working Madden roster saves from XB LIVE. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon12 Tutorial on how to fix non working Madden roster saves from XB LIVE.

First off I hope somone will make this a sticky so that way people won't have to keep asking everytime a new save comes out.

Reason why they dont' work: The XBox live dl's are signed digitally by microsoft, and it links the files to your xbox, well to be more accuarte it checks to see if youhave xbox live installedr. Now how do you get around it?

My Step By Step Guide.

Step 1. Download the newest roster saves from Xbox Live ( don't transfer to memory card just yet. Reason: because the roster you downloaded is called an online roster. People who don't have Xbox live cannot use these.)

Step 2. The rosters must be your's in order to be able to be used on an xbox without live. The easiest way to do this i would say would have to be changing a single players stat by 1. (example: take a qb and drop his Catching attribute down by 1.)

Step 3. The roster will automatically save. As a normal roster because you changed the online roster to your own in step 2!

Step 4. transfer this to the memory card ( for those of you who dont know how to do this, on the xbox dashboard you got to memory then select the xbox hard disk and then find the file press A and then copy it to the memory unit)

Step 5. Upload to some where or post it as an attachment .

Step 6. Watch everyone download your working saves and then read all the posts about awesome you are.

This should resolve any issues with roster saves for the xbox.

I assume this also works with NCAA roster dl's not sure if they even have them but if they do this will also work with those by theory.

Thanks for your time

Props to me for knowing a little to much about how an xbox works!

Cire Zero

Frankly taking things to a level where they will never go again!

Last edited by CireZero; 01-04-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tutorial on how to fix non working Madden roster saves from XB LIVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CireZero
First off I hope somone will make this a sticky so that way people won't have to keep asking everytime a new save comes out.

Reason why they dont' work: The XBox live dl's are signed digitally by microsoft, and it links the files to your xbox, well to be more accuarte it checks to see if youhave xbox live installedr. Now how do you get around it?

My Step By Step Guide.

Step 1. Download the newest roster saves from Xbox Live ( don't transfer to memory card just yet. Reason: because the roster you downloaded is called an online roster. People who don't have Xbox live cannot use these.)

Step 2. The rosters must be your's in order to be able to be used on an xbox without live. The easiest way to do this i would say would have to be changing a single players stat by 1. (example: take a qb and drop his Catching attribute down by 1.)

Step 3. The roster will automatically save. As a normal roster because you changed the online roster to your own in step 2!

Step 4. transfer this to the memory card ( for those of you who dont know how to do this, on the xbox dashboard you got to memory then select the xbox hard disk and then find the file press A and then copy it to the memory unit)

Step 5. Upload to some where or post it as an attachment .

Step 6. Watch everyone download your working saves and then read all the posts about awesome you are.

This should resolve any issues with roster saves for the xbox.

I assume this also works with NCAA roster dl's not sure if they even have them but if they do this will also work with those by theory.

Thanks for your time

Props to me for knowing a little to much about how an xbox works!

Cire Zero

Frankly taking things to a level where they will never go again!

You know I did see this brought up at another site a while back and after thinking on it for awhile and actually getting a Live account I noticed better play from most of my sport games.

I DL'd an online file for Madden and it saved to the Roster(Online) section and was displayed as...Rst(O) now all the other files previous to this particular file were just displayed as regular files as in Roster1 or whatever name I gave it.

So there are two types of files you can save...the first being regular files DL'd via the AR that go to the regular Roster saves and the second online files that go to the Roster(Online).

Before I had a Live account that online roster that I loaded via my AR would be available however I really didn't notice anything odd about it just didn't have the roster moves I wanted so what I did was load one that did from this sight and it work pretty much the same.

Now keep in mind I did not play the online roster as much due to it not having all the updates I was looking for therefore I may not have payed attention to how it was really playing if it has/had problems or whatever...so I guess what I really want to know is...what happens if you use it and don't have online capabilities?

Holla Back ya'll
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

well if you use it and you dont' have live you'll get the "unable to load roster from harddisk/ memory unit " message and if you try and just load it from in game you get the ??? so . i guess that's what your question was
Old 01-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
well if you use it and you dont' have live you'll get the "unable to load roster from harddisk/ memory unit " message and if you try and just load it from in game you get the ??? so . i guess that's what your question was
What happened was the file did load for me but displayed itself as a file in the online roster section as...Rst(O) this is what loaded as I stated before so I really had no problem getting it to load and appear on my XBOX.

All other roster files load the same but appear under the Roster section but this particular file appears under the section Rosters(Online) and since I've used my Live account I've gotten another update which appears as...Rst(O)2 so now it appears I have two different rosters both updates to Madden 2005 and both are online files I can use offline now both are different due to roster changes and updates.

Now I don't know about ps2 files this is what I've exsperienced with using my XBOX and the AR.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 01-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

do you have or have you had live on your xbox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
do you have or have you had live on your xbox?

Please re-read my previous post in this thread and you'll see what I actually said did and experienced,but to answer your question directly yes I do have an XBOX account currently at this time now.

Holla Back ya'll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »