Home

Why Is The Steelers Roster Averaging An 82?

This is a discussion on Why Is The Steelers Roster Averaging An 82? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why Is The Steelers Roster Averaging An 82?

I have downloaded the newest rosters for the Steelers. However, the team Overall is still low as is the Defense. In real life, the Steelers have the #1 Defense. Still, Philly, NE and even the Titans are rated better. Am I doing something wrong/ I normally play ESPN and they update the Overall as well as the individual player ratings. Please advise if Madden does this differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why Is The Steelers Roster Averaging An 82?

I'm not sure about this... but is it possible that Madden just averages all of the players ratings together? If so, then one or two 50-60 rated players would pull the whole average down. Just a thought.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yea, I noticed this, but I don't think it matters. The Steelers ended up the #2 D behind Baltimore in my season. My Vikes were like #29, right where they belonged.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg325
Yea, I noticed this, but I don't think it matters. The Steelers ended up the #2 D behind Baltimore in my season. My Vikes were like #29, right where they belonged.
Do the rosters get upgraded for online play?
Old 01-03-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: Why Is The Steelers Roster Averaging An 82?

From my experience with NBA Live a few years back, it seems to me like EA put in a ratings adjustment factor. If you want to see the proper overall ratings, it is as simple as messing around with the depth charts. For example, even with the latest rosters, it still has the Falcons at 86 for offense and 77 for Defense. All I did was switch Vick and Shaub on the depth charts (and switch them back) and suddenly when I go to start a game, now they are 85 offense and 85 defense. So basically mess around with the depth charts, and you'll see the "real" ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »