Home

Plexico Burress CAP

This is a discussion on Plexico Burress CAP within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Plexico Burress CAP

I am starting my roster editing due to the final roster release, Can someone please help me out here .... I want to give him a 75 or below OVR rating but I still want to give him his great physical abilities. (please don't bash me for saying that lol)

Any one have any ratings for him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Plexico Burress CAP

I assume you are doing this for franchise mode? I honestly think you should give him like a 93ish or so rating ovr from the original Madden '10 roster.

Why? Say next season, assuming there is one, Plaxico Burress becomes the comeback player of the year, has 1,253 yds recieving and 15 TDs. A Mike Vick type season, if you will.

Here's where your problem comes in: While you're watching Plaxico Burress have an All-Pro, comeback player of the year season, you won't be able to replicate his success in your franchise, because he's a 70 ovr.

I'd rather overrate the guy than risk the chance of underrating him.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
I assume you are doing this for franchise mode? I honestly think you should give him like a 93ish or so rating ovr from the original Madden '10 roster.

Why? Say next season, assuming there is one, Plaxico Burress becomes the comeback player of the year, has 1,253 yds recieving and 15 TDs. A Mike Vick type season, if you will.

Here's where your problem comes in: While you're watching Plaxico Burress have an All-Pro, comeback player of the year season, you won't be able to replicate his success in your franchise, because he's a 70 ovr.

I'd rather overrate the guy than risk the chance of underrating him.
thanks for the response

I understand your point about that .... I guess but I just dont think he should be given too high of a rating, did people give Micheal Vick a 93ish OVR when he got out of prison? just saying that I feel that I did fine I finally made him and he was hard to make but I gave him the rating below

Here is the complete Ratings

Plexico Burress

OVR: 79
SPD: 84
STR: 80
AGI: 85
ACC: 92
AWR: 85
TRK: 74
ELU: 75
BCV: 70
SFA: 85
SPM: 78
JKM: 79
CAR: 64
CTH: 82
RTE: 76
CIT: 80
SPC: 98
RLS: 72
JMP: 90
RBS: 40
RBF: 45
PBS: 25
PBF: 30
STA:76
INJ: 79
TGH: 78
Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #4
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Burress will be 33 years old (If I am correct) when the season starts. To assume that he could pull of what Michael Vick (31 this year) did is unreasonable. The chance that Burress comes back BETTER or even close to what he was, is slim to none. Sure, it's only a couple years of difference, but a couple of years in the NFL is a lot.

I would maybe max him at an 80. It's really impossible to make a cap for him unless we have psychic members on here. It would be silly to replicate his Madden 10 rating, since he's been out of the game.

Just make him however you want. It's a tossup, I don't understand why people ask for CAPs like this. Like anyone really knows what his rating should be.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica
Burress will be 33 years old (If I am correct) when the season starts. To assume that he could pull of what Michael Vick (31 this year) did is unreasonable. The chance that Burress comes back BETTER or even close to what he was, is slim to none. Sure, it's only a couple years of difference, but a couple of years in the NFL is a lot.

I would maybe max him at an 80. It's really impossible to make a cap for him unless we have psychic members on here. It would be silly to replicate his Madden 10 rating, since he's been out of the game.

Just make him however you want. It's a tossup, I don't understand why people ask for CAPs like this. Like anyone really knows what his rating should be.

I adjusted my CAP down a little, fact is he is going to have lost a step or two in prison, if he's lucky though he should still be able to catch great so he's going to be a big, slow possession receiver. Don't forget Vick wasn't that good his first year out of jail and I don't think you can expect a receiver to have a better year when he's 34. Here's the values I have (I abbreviate the values that shouldn't have a great effect on his position)

Plaxico Burress
Standard
2 Bar
Full Sweat white left
DBL Wristband white left
Taped wrists normal right

STR 72
AGL 83
SPD 80
ACC 82
AWR 85
CTH 87
CAR 55
THP 33
KPW
KAC
TAK
PBL 39
RBL 50
JMP 93
RTN 60
TRK 74
ELU 55
BCV 75
SFA 82
SPM 82
JKM 85
IBL 70
RBS 69
RBFW 73
PBS 45
PBFW 55
PMV
FMV
BSH
PUR
PRC
MCV
ZCV
SPC 97
CIT 89
RR 85
HPW
REL 98
THROW 0
INJ 83
STA 86
TGH 90
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »