Home

How do you change Team Ratings?

This is a discussion on How do you change Team Ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
How do you change Team Ratings?

Or how are they affected? I'm talking about at the play now screen where say the steelers are at 90. How do i change that rating up or down , is it controlled by the roster?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: How do you change Team Ratings?

I cant do any thing about that but it can be changed by you releasing a player from that certain team and then the Team Rating will change that would be based on the player ratings of that team.

Example: Bears are an 88 OVR in Madden 11 with no changes to the roster but if I release Todd Collins then the rating changes to where it is based on the player ratings of the team. So now the Bears OVR rating will be a 86. Also I have no problem with cutting Todd Collins, I some what look forward to it!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competitor
I cant do any thing about that but it can be changed by you releasing a player from that certain team and then the Team Rating will change that would be based on the player ratings of that team.

Example: Bears are an 88 OVR in Madden 11 with no changes to the roster but if I release Todd Collins then the rating changes to where it is based on the player ratings of the team. So now the Bears OVR rating will be a 86. Also I have no problem with cutting Todd Collins, I some what look forward to it!
Thanks for the info. I'll try doing that. In my roster the Colts are 90, which I don't think they should be that high. I was trying to lower some of the ratings of some of the players but it really doesnt help much. They still stay at 90.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Thanks for the info. I'll try doing that. In my roster the Colts are 90, which I don't think they should be that high. I was trying to lower some of the ratings of some of the players but it really doesnt help much. They still stay at 90.
have you done a transaction? after that then you can see the diff team rating
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
MVP

Thanks. I released Sanders from the Colts (like they did in real life) and colts went down 2 points.

Do you know how to increase ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. I released Sanders from the Colts (like they did in real life) and colts went down 2 points.

Do you know how to increase ratings?
Alright I will explain these as well and thorough as possible.
Here is how to Increase and Decrease Team Overalls.
Example for Increasing:
Lets say that you want the Colts to go up by some points you will have to increase the Player Ratings then do a transaction, then the Team Overall will decrease.
Example for Decreasing:
Pretty much the same as Increasing but you will have to decrease the player overalls then do a transaction so then the team overall will take a hit.
Example for when you want to Decrease and Increase player:
Overalls but don't want to effect the team Overall.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competitor
Alright I will explain these as well and thorough as possible.
Here is how to Increase and Decrease Team Overalls.
Example for Increasing:
Lets say that you want the Colts to go up by some points you will have to increase the Player Ratings then do a transaction, then the Team Overall will decrease.
Example for Decreasing:
Pretty much the same as Increasing but you will have to decrease the player overalls then do a transaction so then the team overall will take a hit.
Example for when you want to Decrease and Increase player:
Overalls but don't want to effect the team Overall.
Thanks a lot! I got it to work!

So I made the changes to the ratings for the players on the team, then released a player, checked the overall team rating and it did change. Then I just signed the same player again from FA and my previous change was still valid.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I got it to work!

So I made the changes to the ratings for the players on the team, then released a player, checked the overall team rating and it did change. Then I just signed the same player again from FA and my previous change was still valid.
great! Glad to help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »