Home

Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters?

hey guys,

i remember seeing that Madden 09 will have historic players and such but does it have historic teams/rosters?

after playing with the current teams i love to play with the best teams of the past (on last gen) but have so far bypassed madden on next gen so 09 will be my first.

or if it doesn't is there usually someone who makes historic rosters?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Does Madden 09 Have Historic Rosters?

no there aren't historic rosters.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It does not have classic rosters, but it does have an export team function that gives us the potential to create historic teams and then save them. I just purchased a copy of madden 2000 to use as a reference for some of the historic teams. Definitely going to recreate the 97' Lions, but hopefully will do several other historic teams as well. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many teams you can load into a franchise, but it might be possible to create a historic team for each NFL team and put them all into one franchise mode.

I no longer have my transfer kit, but will try to track down another one so I can upload any historic teams that I create in case anybody is interested.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutStlkr
It does not have classic rosters, but it does have an export team function that gives us the potential to create historic teams and then save them. I just purchased a copy of madden 2000 to use as a reference for some of the historic teams. Definitely going to recreate the 97' Lions, but hopefully will do several other historic teams as well. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many teams you can load into a franchise, but it might be possible to create a historic team for each NFL team and put them all into one franchise mode.

I no longer have my transfer kit, but will try to track down another one so I can upload any historic teams that I create in case anybody is interested.
I have a spreadsheet somewhere that I did a few years back with 20 Classic teams. It's got their bogus # and then the correct #. Sorry I didnt go into ht wt etc... Since there arent any classic teams this year you could just create the real players using the jersey info. If that helps, PM me and Ill see if I can dig it up.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldpart67
I have a spreadsheet somewhere that I did a few years back with 20 Classic teams. It's got their bogus # and then the correct #. Sorry I didnt go into ht wt etc... Since there arent any classic teams this year you could just create the real players using the jersey info. If that helps, PM me and Ill see if I can dig it up.
does it include their ratings as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutStlkr

98 Broncos and Falcons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

I've done over 90 historic teams for 2K5, and here are some great internet sites for you guys working on Madden historic teams:

http://web.archive.org/web/200403260...larchives.com/

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/stats.nsf

http://www.databasefootball.com/

C
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

The launch of Dorkjocks.com (9-1-08)
Will have selected Historic Teams players name and correct jersey numbers.
Updated NFL rosters.
Weekly Madden roster updates.
Movies News
Sports News.
Dork News.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I've done over 90 historic teams for 2K5, and here are some great internet sites for you guys working on Madden historic teams:

http://web.archive.org/web/200403260...larchives.com/

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/stats.nsf

http://www.databasefootball.com/

C

I have done well over two hundred historic rosters for old school ballers and
I would stray away from that first link that capa posted as it is fraught with inaccuracies. starting lineups are off, many players missing and jersey numbers are only about 50% accurate.

if you don't want to pay for accurate rosters then profootballreference.com is a good site, but it does not have jersey numbers or depth charts.

Last edited by tauryx67; 08-13-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: addtional info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »