Home

Sliders, how do they work...

This is a discussion on Sliders, how do they work... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #33
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sliders, how do they work...

cpu needs a little more help then human (biggest reason imo is because they don't hit the hole hard enough)...

what are your cpu tackle and hum break tackle sliders at when you try run blocking low?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
cpu needs a little more help then human (biggest reason imo is because they don't hit the hole hard enough)...

what are your cpu tackle and hum break tackle sliders at when you try run blocking low?
CPU tackle is 15. Human break tackle is 15.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #35
Banned

bill2451's Arena

idk what to say, I've been playing around with 10 break tackle, 10 run block, 50 fumble for human... 50 reaction time, 10 shed block, 10 tackle for cpu... seems fine to me

the other one i played around with a few days ago was 13 break tackle, 0 run block, 50 fumble for human... 50 run reaction, 13 shed block, 14 tackle for cpu... I wasnt a fan of the tackling animations w/ that one though

all I can say is play multiple games w/ different teams (which i'm sure you already know)

outside runs are definately harder than inside runs, but if you use them at the right times they are effective
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #36
Banned

bill2451's Arena

hmmm, now that I think about it, the other thing could be that I was also playing around with penalty sliders

imo all the sliders do is increase the frequency penalty animations occur, they dont actual increase the odds the penalty is called though... for example, put the facemast slider at 100 and you see the facemask animation on virtually every tackle (not called every play though)... put clipping at 100, you see the same thing

so I put all the sliders at 0, but that literally means that penalty can't be called... for example you could go offsides all day, literally stand next to the rb in the backfield and not get called... so I put all penalty sliders at 1

that way, if there is a penalty it will be called, but overall their are very very very few, and the game just seems to play smoother because there are no forced penalty animations

it's a trade off, but imo penalties are broken anyway so it doesnt really bother me... I can sacrifice a few of the same penalties over and over again each game if I think it plays smoother

now idk why this would effect the running game, or if it even is, but that is really the only difference I can think of
Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

The only problem I can foresee with that method is that without the facemask animations there might be a lot more broken tackles. Because the facemask animation is a desperation move, without it the players won't be able to make the desperation tackles, go for a normal one and miss.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #38
Banned

bill2451's Arena

i disagree that the facemask slider is a desperation move... it seems like it just depends on the angle, and the higher the slider the less precise the conditions have to be (meaning you get it at stupid times)

tackles/broken tackles seem just fine and off the top of my head in about 10 games w/ penalty sliders at 1 I can only recall seeing 1 facemask animation (and even that one wasnt the full facemask tackle animation we usually see, it was a quick tug and let go, which i didnt know existed)
Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Fair enough just thought I should warn you.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
so I put all the sliders at 0, but that literally means that penalty can't be called... for example you could go offsides all day, literally stand next to the rb in the backfield and not get called... so I put all penalty sliders at 1
LOL are you serious?

Wow, I'm going to have to do that just once, just to do it.

Quote:
that way, if there is a penalty it will be called, but overall their are very very very few, and the game just seems to play smoother because there are no forced penalty animations
I put them at all 0 (because they were hardly called/penalties are broken) and swore the game was good. I convinced myself it was just randomness, but seeing your describe it, I think there's something there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »