Home

++++NFL Franchise Authentic Gameflow Experience Sliders+++++

This is a discussion on ++++NFL Franchise Authentic Gameflow Experience Sliders+++++ within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #777
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ++++NFL Franchise Authentic Gameflow Experience Sliders+++++

I'll give them a shot. Just put them in, using them first as Seahawks against Eagles at Qwest Field, years 3 in my franchise.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #778
Rookie

DocKnowsBest's Arena

OVR: 1

I tried the sliders out tonight, and I must say passing is A LOT harder now that the new patch has come out. I struggled just to hover around a 50% completion %, throwing two picks and no touchdowns with the Cowboys playing the Raiders. The CPU's offense was pretty weak, with no passing attack whatsoever and an average running attack. The final score was 20-13 Cowboys, with the Raiders scoring a garbage TD with like two minutes left. I like the fact the game was low scoring, and I think running the ball felt very good, but I think the CPU offense and the human passing game needs to be tweaked. I'll play a few more games over the next couple of days and let you know how they go.

Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, U.S.M.C
Old 12-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #779
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocKnowsBest
I tried the sliders out tonight, and I must say passing is A LOT harder now that the new patch has come out. I struggled just to hover around a 50% completion %, throwing two picks and no touchdowns with the Cowboys playing the Raiders. The CPU's offense was pretty weak, with no passing attack whatsoever and an average running attack. The final score was 20-13 Cowboys, with the Raiders scoring a garbage TD with like two minutes left. I like the fact the game was low scoring, and I think running the ball felt very good, but I think the CPU offense and the human passing game needs to be tweaked. I'll play a few more games over the next couple of days and let you know how they go.
Sounds good. I agree that passing needs to be tweaked, it seems that the DB's react much better to the ball. For Hum I am thinking bump HUM pass and HUM WR catch up just a little till it feels right and lower HUM pass reaction. Although try out GB against DET and let me know your feedback on it-great passing attack against a weak D. That should give you a better feel for passing and your not going up against Nnmandi Asomugha.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #780
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
Sounds good. I agree that passing needs to be tweaked, it seems that the DB's react much better to the ball. For Hum I am thinking bump HUM pass and HUM WR catch up just a little till it feels right and lower HUM pass reaction.

I'm new here but have been playing Madden games on the PC for years (I have been a member at the Football Freaks website for years). I just got a PS3 and Madden 11 and tried out your sliders....WOW!! I have never played a 15 minute quarter game that actually gave realistic numbers and played this close to a real game.

Anyways, I played a franchise game (all coaching adjustments made) using the crappy Seahawks against the Titans. The running game felt right going both ways. The CPU passing game looked fine as well. However, I definitely agree that the CPU pass defense needs to be tweaked. The QB passes themselves were on-line a reasonable percentage of the time and pass catching was fine. The issue was definitely ALL of the CPU defenders (including D-linemen) jumping the pass patterns (they had 13 pass deflections in the game).

I think the key is just adjusting the CPU pass reaction time. I'm going to try to play around a little bit with it.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #781
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I played a single game in my Franchise (using the Seahawks against the Packers). In the first half, I used a CPU pass reaction time of 80. I threw a couple of picks (both of them on me). Other than that, the CPU only had 1 pass deflection and Hasselbeck was able to thread the needle on multiple occasions against a good secondary. I modified the setting to 90 for the second half. There were a handful of deflections (including a beautiful one by Woodson that denied me a TD). But none of them were over the top like we were seeing at 100.

I suspect that the new "sweet spot" for this setting is somewhere between 90 and 100, but 90 really feels like a good starting point.

Hopefully this helps others....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #782
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been using these sliders in my 32 team franchise and I think they are very good. I actually lose games now. In my 2nd year taking full control over the panthers I'm 2-4. The only real issues that I've noticed is the cpu likes to check it down a lot....Cutler on the bears had like 25 completions but was barley over 100 yards because they were all short passes. I mean they do throw deep but most of the time its not completed and even teams like the saints dont air it out as much maybe it has something to do with the coaching scheme sliders im using idk I will have to look into it. Also getting sacks on the cpu is tough...I get pressure but the cpu qb always gets rid of it as hes getting hit....most of the time it hits the ground right in front of him too its just really annoying that it happens a good 5-6 times a game. I'm only averaging like one sack per a game but again the pressure is there just the qb won't take the sack.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #783
Rookie

OVR: 0

idk About The Cpu WR Catching
Wit it 92 There Are Probably No Drops From The Cpu
in The Real NFL Every Reciver Drop At Least One Ball
Randy Moss,Jerry Rice,T.O.Ochocinco
They All Drop Balls Before
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #784
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeworleanStunna
idk About The Cpu WR Catching
Wit it 92 There Are Probably No Drops From The Cpu
in The Real NFL Every Reciver Drop At Least One Ball
Randy Moss,Jerry Rice,T.O.Ochocinco
They All Drop Balls Before
I have been contemplating this one for a while now, but after the patch the D seems to react better on the ball. I wouldn't want to see guys like them drop wide open catches, rather drop a ball when taking a big hit or trying to catch while being covered very well. You should still see wide open catches dropped from players who have lower catch ratings though. WR Catching also adjusts the ability of how well players run routes so it can be touchy.

I am in the process of having a few games when I can to make final adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »