Home

Slider thoughts for the running game and technique.

This is a discussion on Slider thoughts for the running game and technique. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Slider thoughts for the running game and technique.

I figure I'm not the only one so perhaps all of you could share you sliders and techniques for the running game.
I've suddenly had trouble running the ball. I don't know what I'm doing different. now some games I have crap lines (I play all games all teams) but still I had Suh on Detroit make 12 tackles vs the Raiders. He and the rest of his line were having support groups meetings in my backfield almost every play. I'd like to get my sliders to the point where even with a crap line I can at least break the LOS. If I get 2.5-3.0 ypc with a crap line that's fine. I recently lower the cpu to 30-10-35 and raised my run block to 45 (Yeah I know it's high but....) and still I'm having trouble. And at the end of the game it's ridiculous. When I'm running the clock the cpu puts 10 in the box and I lose yards every play. Now I'd expect with Min. line I could move them a few yards at least?
How do I prevent these guys getting into the backfield so much. It seems unrealistic. IRL guys play off blocks and hit the back at the LOS or 1-2 yards down field. Only once in a while does a play get blown up. My line on D rarely blows up plays.....hmmm...maybe if I mimicked my own settings....
I spin and juke and the line and that prevents 5 yard losses but I still get no where.
What are you doing for a good running game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Slider thoughts for the running game and technique.

In my experience, there's no thing to really be done against that. I'm usually very succesfull with the run (I'm using your sliders and easily broke both single game and season all-time rushing years record with a freakish rookie HB), but sometimes, the CPU seems to get into "run stop mode", especially towards the end of the game I sometimes see DLinemen breaking through double blocks like they're not even there. The only solution I've found is to either try to have the run go away from the pressure (risky but it can lead to some huge runs, especially if they stack the outside sometimes I can get a Dive play for 10+ yards) or just go to the quick passes, as they're blitzing almost constantly you can often get your HB out of the backfield completely uncovered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »