Home

Playmakers Madden 12 Custom Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 12 Custom Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #2561
Rookie

godofwar757's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playmakers Madden 12 Custom Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
There's inconsistencies in the run game bc 1- user skill, 2- different teams / player ratings

These variables compounded (a bad user using a weak rushing team) leads to guys coming here saying they can't run n the set is broken.. These are thr best thus far, pm.. Don't drive urself n others nuts bc I few can't run the ball of throw...

Deep throws, most passing plays, pinch the line- if u don't know what that means, get better at madden...

These aren't rookie level sliders, they require knowledge of football n this game. If u constantly tweak the front page every time a guy says I CANT do this or that, then we will never have a base . A base should be the hardest IMO, bc guys then know what they need to bring up to HELP.. Or they could just PRACTICE!
So nice had to say it twice!!! Amen brotha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #2562
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty tD
So I am using the sliders posted on the front page except I have cam newton so QBA: 18 and CATCH: 58
and I'm playing against the packers so QBA: 92 and CATCH:8
this is just the first half stats and I really love the animations and fluidness of it all with these sliders
QB:Cam Newton 6/9 75 Yards 0 TD 1 INT (looks pretty accurate to me haha)
HB: DeAngelo Williams 11 ATT for 151 yards and 2 TDs (???)

QB: Aaron Rodgers 11/15 193 Yards 1 TD
HB: Ryan Grant 4 ATT 24 Yards 6.0 AVG

To me the computer looks on point and my passing seems like that's where it should be, but my run game is just dominating. Anything I can do to slow myself down? I have auto sprint ON
you have to kinda work up slowly to the next level 75 total points for CPU Run Defense....

The base setting is 50 total points....

Try this without touching any other sliders

Run Reaction-34
Block Shed-20
Tackle-6

That will you put the CPU Run D at 60 or you can go

Run Reaction-36
Block Shed-24
Tackle-0

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #2563
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofwar757
So nice had to say it twice!!! Amen brotha
yeah he does have a great point

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #2564
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I really liked the outcomes. Foster got wicked on a couple of runs, but it's not like he was on PCP all game long. It was harder than I thought it should be to get McFadden going, but it could just be a sample size thing.

I want to test more on my own running game to see if I can actually top 100 with DMac, which I've yet to do on any of your settings.

I will confess that I'm lowering the CPU pass rush slider by quite a bit. No matter what I do I just get sacked 5 times or more per game, and I don't want to reduce myself to never throwing deep double move routes because I never have more than 2 seconds to throw, even if I keep 7 in.
I have no problems with that because the CPU is at 176 (175) Pass defense...

I just wouldn't drop them below the 150 mark which is where the Human Offense is at right now for passing

Old 10-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #2565
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
The CPU Pass Rush is a problem, especially when it comes to throwing passes more than 15 yards downfield. It's near-impossible to hit a post route or 15-yard dig because the CPU will be on you. I have no issues with getting sacked, it's just the frequency is too high. The offensive line really does a poor job of holding blocks when you look at the replays.
1st off, I agree with Chedda that you can't take a game by game approach to evaluating sliders. Running is hard for me on PM's sets, so I look at replays to see where I may have missed a cutback lane, and I think harder about my play calling and audible system. I look at those things over several games, and *then* I tweak if need be.

Dan, I agree that the sole flaw with this phenomenal set is that the CPU pass rush is entirely unreaslistic and that it forces you to develop a passing game that is almost entirely built on check down and hot route throws. I don't think you should have 3+ seconds every play, but I think it should be possible to throw a clown route without having to keep 7 men in.

That's a USER issue and I'm working on that pretty hard at the moment. I'll PM any worthwhile results I find.

Back to work for now, and then more party time with a team built for 0 threshold speed sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #2566
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
1st off, I agree with Chedda that you can't take a game by game approach to evaluating sliders. Running is hard for me on PM's sets, so I look at replays to see where I may have missed a cutback lane, and I think harder about my play calling and audible system. I look at those things over several games, and *then* I tweak if need be.

Dan, I agree that the sole flaw with this phenomenal set is that the CPU pass rush is entirely unreaslistic and that it forces you to develop a passing game that is almost entirely built on check down and hot route throws. I don't think you should have 3+ seconds every play, but I think it should be possible to throw a clown route without having to keep 7 men in.

That's a USER issue and I'm working on that pretty hard at the moment. I'll PM any worthwhile results I find.

Back to work for now, and then more party time with a team built for 0 threshold speed sliders!
I wonder if the total value for human offense is tied into pass rush effectiveness

for example lets say i boost up the Human WR catch slider making the Human passing game equal to that of the CPU pass defense will that simple tweak alone make it appear more equal between the OL vs DL even without touching the human Pass Block slider?

I mean if the game actually works depending on level's then i'd think making human pass O equal to CPU pass D in total value gives you equal and fair play in that aspect of the game right?

I know most guys lower the CPU pass rush and my setup is kinda way out there in left field with it but i think there (CPU) Pass Defense holds up better when they can force the human player into quicker reads and decisions

i'd probably say between 86-90 Pass Rush will get you that extra second or two that you need to let the deep routes develope without having to leave in 7 to block

Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #2567
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
you have to kinda work up slowly to the next level 75 total points for CPU Run Defense....

The base setting is 50 total points....

Try this without touching any other sliders

Run Reaction-34
Block Shed-20
Tackle-6

That will you put the CPU Run D at 60 or you can go

Run Reaction-36
Block Shed-24
Tackle-0
Thank you! I plugged in the 36-24-0 into my sliders and just played a game and I felt the defense was a lot better stopping the run, I think I'll need to play another game before I think it really needs tweaks again, but if you look at the stats Mathews averaged almost 6.0 and Tolbert 8.8
The game was way good though, I ended up throwing a pick in the redzone off an awesome tip by a lineman and another one by Tracy Porter jumping a play action route it was nice though!!
I do wish the Saints would've ran it more, but they were down pretty much the entire game. Great game though like I said thank you for the help haha!

New Orleans Saints at San Diego Chargers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New Orleans Saints ()7771031
San Diego Chargers ()71701034
Team Stats Comparison
NORSDG
Total Offense341489
Rushing Yards56196
Passing Yards285293
First Downs1123
Punt Return Yards06
Kick Return Yards16876
Total Yards509571
Turnovers02
3rd Down Converstion2-6 33%7-10 70%
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties2-104-23
Posession Time11:4128:19
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGNORSDG
2:15(SDG) R.Mathews 3 Yd run07
0:46(NOR) L.Moore 28 Yd pass from D.Brees77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNORSDG
8:05(SDG) R.Mathews 1 Yd run714
4:38(NOR) A.Arrington 24 Yd pass from D.Brees1414
2:02(SDG) M.Tolbert 7 Yd run1421
0:00(SDG) N.Novak 49 Yd FG1424
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNORSDG
2:59(NOR) D.Sproles 13 Yd run2124
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNORSDG
8:04(SDG) M.Tolbert 1 Yd run2131
4:33(NOR) J.Kasay 52 Yd FG2431
1:45(SDG) N.Novak 31 Yd FG2434
1:17(NOR) L.Moore 11 Yd pass from D.Brees3134
New Orleans Saints
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Philip Rivers18/2529302
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ryan Mathews261545.92
Mike Tolbert5448.82
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Antonio Gates6579.50
Malcolm Floyd512124.20
Randy McMichael22412.00
Patrick Crayton25929.50
Vincent Jackson22814.00
Ryan Mathews144.00
San Diego Chargers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Drew Brees16/2430630
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Mark Ingram5408.00
Pierre Thomas320.60
Darren Sproles2147.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Lance Moore46817.02
Jimmy Graham44611.50
Devery Henderson312742.30
Robert Meachem22412.00
Adrian Arrington12424.01
Courtney Roby11111.00
Mark Ingram166.00
Old 10-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #2568
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Dynasty tD

I just realized the number you might be looking for is 42 for CPU Run Reaction time

So disregard my previous post and try 42 that leaves the Block shed and tackle sliders the same as the human player

Run Reaction-42
Block Shed-18
Tackle-0

Also another thing that might fix it without even changing a single slider is the threshold setting....you can close the gap between player speed by increasing it upwards which could make the CPU run D better just by going up on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »