Home

I need sliders that are challenging....

This is a discussion on I need sliders that are challenging.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I need sliders that are challenging....

This game is too easy, I'm about to put users sliders on 0, and CPU on 100, but before I do does anyone have any sliders that are challenging?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I need sliders that are challenging....

These are based off of a set of sliders I saw on here.
redrising originally posted, then chedapalooza edited.

here is my edit to them which made the game more difficult for me, while providing realistic stats.

SLOW. 9min qtr. 20 runoff. Injuries 15. Fatigue 65 Thresh 45. Mkharsh33 Auto-Subs.

Special Teams
or whatever your preference.

USER/CPU

QBA 20/40
PBL 0/0
WRC 40/40

Broken Tackles 0/0
Run Blocking 0/30
Fumbles 40/40<<<
Pass Reaction Time 0/0
INT 20/25 (30 makes it a lot tougher)
Pass Rush 50/50

Rush Reaction 0/15
Block Shedding 0/15
Tackling 15/15

Just today I've:
lost 24-20 Pit vs Seattle
Won 27-24 on a last second play Pit vs Bal and
lost 21-0 Pit vs Indy (manning in game)

These will get around 7-10 total tackles for your top tackler on def depending on spreadout of tackles
300-400 total yards
If you aren't careful you WILL throw an interception, especially on 30 computer int.

Give em a try and let me know what you think
Old 09-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks man, I'm going to try them.....I'm willing to try anything. CPU settings are the second tier

Here's what Im using right now
QB ACC 13/100
Pass Block 0/100
Wr Catching 40/100

Rushing
Broken Tackle 40/50
Run Blocking 5/100
Fumbles 25/50

Pass Defense
Reaction Time 0/100
Interceptions 15/100
Pass Rushing 0/100

Rush Defense
Reaction Time 0/100
Block Shedding 0/100
Tackle 50/50
Old 09-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

GL with them, the set you posted actually looks like it would be more challenging, maybe you're just ridiculously good compared to me :P

Worth a try at least i guess.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

If you're beating the CPU with everything HUM at 0 and CPU at 100 then you're cheesing it, use these sliders: Robcards AllMadden Sliders and use GameFlow and you must use the GameFlow play, no audibles, no hot routes, no nano blitzing or zigzagging, just play a sim-style game of football. We all know there are certain things you can do to a CPU opponent that makes it so you can't lose, so don't do those things if you want to actually enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Rookie

I can understand how you think I would be cheesing, but...I'm not, I mean I run a short passing game, (occasional deep ball) defensively I don't Blitz often, usually I am in a 2 man under deep, I will mix in zone, and I don't know what you mean by nano blitzing...but the only blitz I use is "Over Storm" out of the nickel package....but I'll try your restrictive way of playing just to see what its like, but I don't think not hot routing or using audibles is real football...But Im desperate I'll try it
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

2 man under and overstorm blitz is what I mean when I say cheesing the comp. You're using the 2 most effective defensive schemes over and over, I bet you call a drop 8 cover 2 zone play in the red zone too? And if by short passing you mean you do quick slant and slip screen repeadetly thats also cheesing it :P nano blitzing is just lining up a blitzing linebacker right behind a DT so he goes through untouched, and zig zagging is sharp turning left and right to get the CPU to overpursue and get easy return TDs, works better in NCAA than madden though.

Anyway, I was in the same position as you were, that's why I'm guessing you are cheesing it, I mean why not call the most effective plays against the CPU right? But seriously try my sliders and use gameflow, or randomly call plays, it's really fun when you don't call the same plays over and over.

PS- Don't take it the wrong way I'm not insulting you, I just know where you're coming from, I made a similar post before I decided to make my own sliders and change the way I played the CPU. I didn't really think I was being cheesy, was just lazy and called the same 5-10 plays on offense and the same 3-4 on defense. Problem was I won like 20 games in a row, won the super bowl 2 franchises in a row, the 2nd year my team wasn't even that good, so I got fed up and needed to find a way to get the CPU to beat me, while keeping realistic stats in the game.

Last edited by Robcards; 09-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol....yeah "Cheesin" Is bad term in my household, but no worries I wasn't offended, the question I have for you is can I make changes on the dline shifts? What about pressing, etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »