Home

Create New Coach, Crank Down Run Defense

This is a discussion on Create New Coach, Crank Down Run Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Create New Coach, Crank Down Run Defense

Start a new franchise, create a new coach, put his tendency for Run Defense down to ~10/ Pass Defense 90.....All-Madden, Min Threshold 15...User block shed 9, User tackle 25...CPU run block 99

So far the CPU has been getting around 150 yards on the gorund a game (through about 5 games) on 15 min qtrs run down to 12 secs.

Just thought I'd leave this tip and see if anyone else has had success with this. S far its working for me. Patriots put Woodhead as their RB over Addai and he tore me up like in Play Now.

Last edited by adamgod8; 09-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Create New Coach, Crank Down Run Defense

Nice write up bro, its just ridiculous what we have to do in order to get decent gameplay from the CPU... Ill try this out
Old 09-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

Trying these out know will post stats afterward. I like your thinking a lot on this one, really hoping it works.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
Trying these out know will post stats afterward. I like your thinking a lot on this one, really hoping it works.
Please do, its been working for me. There have been teams I haven't been able to stop, and that never happened in my past two careers. I'll post the complete sliders I use but I'm sure most be tweaked to whoevers liking.

1) Create a NEW coach, not pre-existing. When it asks about his defensive philosophy, crank down Run Defense to about 10. Pass D will be at 90, but that can be more easily adjusted than the run.

2) All-Madden, 15 min qtrs, 12 sec acc. clock, Slow or Very Slow

3) Min Player Threshold: 15 This allows faster backs to get past your lineman quicker (User block shed will be down)

4)User
QB: 10
Pass Block: 30
WR Catch: 46
Broken Tackles: 35
Run Blocking: 20
Fumbles: 45
Pass D Reaction: 6
INT: 40
Pass Rush: 20
Rush D Reaction: 1
Block Shed: 8
Tackling: 25-35

CPU:
QB Acc: 80
Pass Block: 70
WR Catch: 53
Broken Tackles: 68
Run Block: 99
Fumbles: 64
Pass D reac: 94
Int: 45
Pass Rush: 60
Rush D Reac: 74
Block Shed: 64
Tack: 60

FG acc:40
Old 09-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

Urging some people to try this out to see some other results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Start a new franchise, create a new coach, put his tendency for Run Defense down to ~10/ Pass Defense 90.....All-Madden, Min Threshold 15...User block shed 9, User tackle 25...CPU run block 99

So far the CPU has been getting around 150 yards on the gorund a game (through about 5 games) on 15 min qtrs run down to 12 secs.

Just thought I'd leave this tip and see if anyone else has had success with this. S far its working for me. Patriots put Woodhead as their RB over Addai and he tore me up like in Play Now.
But...doesn't this only affect gameflow play calling?

I can't seem to find the post, but there was a post that mentioned Looman said the %'s you pick at coach creation are the frequency of them calling that type of play, if they choose to go for it or not.

So...if this is true. How can this really help with the run game? If it's true, all that is happening is that you are calling pass D when they are running. I could always change my D to what I know they aren't running.

Isn't that sort of reverse cheating? Where you are deliberately calling bad defense so the computer can get yards on you with the run?

Maybe. I can't test this theory because I am not at home, I was just under the impression that those numbers only affect the gameflow play calling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »