Home

drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC

This is a discussion on drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC

Here is my slider set...

Brief description of how I play Madden: I consider myself an average player, I tend to stay in the pocket to pass. I also do not use juke moves, I prefer to just truck or tuck.

Offence: I tend to use Game Flow to pick most of the calls, though I also at times will use the complete playbook if they give me something really crazy. I control the QB and HB/RB (on run plays only), once I throw the ball I let the CPU run with it after the catch (I do not take control). This is the same for the HB if I throw a screen. I also never call hot routes, I try to limit the amount of audibles I call.

Defence: I choose ONE position before the snap, I do not change to another player once the ball is snapped (even to chase down a player, I let the cpu chase him). Most of the time I play as MLB, but I sometimes choose a rush end on blitz calls. Since the swim move with the right stick is broken, I only use the left stick on the d-line (this is also why my pass rush slider is raised and the cpu pass blocking slider lowered). I never spotlight any players, but I do occasionally call an audible. I never use the "A" button to let the game move my player into perfect position for tackles. I only manually tackle (many times very badly, lol). Its ok to shift your players before a play, but do not move players individually to unrealistic defensive positions. I try not to use LT + RT down (pre-snap), for run commit, unless I am really getting hammered by the CPU.

Special teams: I do the kicking. For PR/KR, I let the cpu run them back.

Why is my tackle slider so low? This was in part to help the CPU run game, without upping the run block to a level where they were suction blocks or just plain holding. I found that by lowering the tackles and slightly adjusting the run blocking and broken tackles, that I was able to achieve an all around better experience.

Hope you have as much fun with these as I am having, leave any comments you have or if you have any questions as to why a slider was set the way I did it, feel free to ask.

Drog1602: base set
Offline/Online CC

All-Pro
12 -15min
Accel clock =on
Min Play clock = 16sec

Injuries - 52
Fatigue - 54
Game Speed - Slow
Threshold - 12 (I wanted the faster players to feel that way, but not so much that you get burned all game)

Player Skill (Human)

QB Accuracy - 30 (If you have trouble passing, bump this up a little)
Pass Block - 55 (I find for the human you need 55 to run PA)
WR Catching - 48
Brk Tackles - 40
Run Block - 48 (if you have issue running, bump this up a little)
Fumbles - 50
Pass
D-reaction - 48 (at 50 players jump the pass, before your QB has released the ball)
Interception - 15 (you will still see int's)
Pass rush - 56
Rush
D-reaction - 40
Block shed - 48
Tackles - 20

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 38
Pass Block - 44
WR Catching - 49
Brk Tackles - 52
Run Block - 52
Fumbles - 48
Pass defence
D-reaction - 48 (at 50 players jump/mirror the pass/receiver)
Interception - 15
Pass rush - 50
Rush
D-reaction - 50
Block shed - 48
Tackles - 22

Penalties
Offsides - 55
False start - 55
Holding - 53
Facemask - 54
D-pass int - 100
O-pass int - 100
Kr/Pr int - 50
Clipping - 55
Grounding - 55
Rough Pass - 25
Rough Kick - 50

Special Teams
FG Power - 52
FG Accuracy - 37
Punt Power - 53
Punt accuracy - 95
Kickoff - 47
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This base set will make speed matter, on both sides of the ball. You will see big hits, broken plays and even better PR/KR run backs. Those fast pass rushers will get to the QB. Have fun!
Drog1602: base set #2
Offline/Online CC

All-Pro
Accel clock =on
Min Play clock = 16sec

Injuries - 52
Fatigue - 54
Game Speed - Slow
Threshold - 0
Player Skill (Human)

QB Accuracy - 30 (If you have trouble passing, bump this up a little)
WR Catching - 49
Brk Tackles - 40
Run Block - 48
Fumbles - 50
Pass
D-reaction - 100
Interception - 15 (you will still see int's)
Pass rush - 56
Rush
D-reaction - 40
Block shed - 48
Tackles - 20

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 30
Pass Block - 44
WR Catching - 48
Brk Tackles - 45
Run Block - 52
Fumbles - 48
Pass defence
D-reaction - 100
Interception - 15
Pass rush - 50
Rush
D-reaction - 50
Block shed - 48
Tackles - 22

Penalties
Offsides - 55
False start - 55
Holding - 53
Facemask - 54
D-pass int - 100
O-pass int - 100
Kr/Pr int - 50
Clipping - 55
Grounding - 55
Rough Pass - 25
Rough Kick - 50

Special Teams
FG Power - 52
FG Accuracy - 37
Punt Power - 53
Punt accuracy - 95
Kickoff - 47

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheDayMan56: slider adjustments from drog1602 set

All-Pro
8 min
Accel clock =on
Min Play clock = 25sec (I like the extra time to scan the field and audible)

Injuries - 52
Fatigue - 54
Game Speed - Slow
Threshold - 12

Player Skill (Human)

QB Accuracy - 40
WR Catching - 48
Brk Tackles - 47
Run Block - 58
Fumbles - 50
Pass
D-reaction - 48 (at 50 players jump the pass)
Interception - 50
Pass rush - 56
Rush
D-reaction - 30
Block shed - 48
Tackles - 50

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 37
Pass Block - 40
WR Catching - 48
Brk Tackles - 55
Run Block - 63
Fumbles - 50
Pass defence
D-reaction - 48 (at 50 players jump/mirror the pass/receiver)
Interception - 15
Pass rush - 50
Rush
D-reaction - 50
Block shed - 48
Tackles -50

Penalties
Offsides - 55
False start - 55
Holding - 53
Facemask - 54
D-pass int - 90
O-pass int - 90
Kr/Pr int - 50
Clipping - 55
Grounding - 55
Rough Pass - 50
Rough Kick - 50

Special Teams
FG Power - 52
FG Accuracy - 50
Punt Power - 53
Punt accuracy - 95
Kickoff - 47

Last edited by drog1602; 09-22-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC

I made two changes to my sliders, to get a bit more of a run game for the cpu. CPU run block is now 60, Human Defensive rush reaction is now 40.

Using the Cowboys vs Seahawks, Lynch burned me for 133yrds on the ground. A couple of those longer carries around the corner.

Last edited by drog1602; 09-04-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Still getting some nice running from the CPU. Tampa picked up 84yrds on the ground, Freeman got in on the act rushing for 17yrds (that was nice to see).

If you are using these sliders, don't put much stock in the pre-season, as the starters only play in the first quarter. Regular season is a blast, so far for me.

As a side note: watch out for that nasty d-line bug, if you use the right stick to swim. Your CB and Linemen will pinch like there was a run play (you will get burnt deep). I only use the right stick against a receiver or on a RB (when they have the ball), never on a swim move. I hope they patch this!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Rookie

I made a couple of small changes:
CPU WR catching - bumped up to 47
CPU Broken tackles - bumped up to 52
Block Shedding - Human/CPU - 47

My last game I played with the Cowboys vs Ravens (CPU). Rice for BR had 105 yrds on the ground and two TD's.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

I was spanked hard going against the Panthers, lost 40-16. I had no answer for their three headed run game. They put up 200yrds rushing. Leading the way was Grant with 99 yrds, then Newton the QB with 46. That darn wildcat!

I think I found the CPU run game, lol. Meanwhile, I struggled to move the ball and lost my starting RB and my linebacker, Ware. A costly game for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

I made a couple of changes.

One interesting thing I found, is that my passing was effected by the block shedding slider(with contact on my receivers at the line on some plays). When set at 50 or higher, my player would get open too soon and at 45, I never have enough time in the pocket before they get open.

I would love some feedback, so hopefully someone can try these out.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey Drog I'm going to try out your sliders later on tonight after the NFL season opener, reason I am choosing your sliders is because it's set for all-pro difficulty and the speed is set at slow, I think that's where my level of skill is at, so far I have only played a few 'Play Now' games with Pro difficulty with everything left to default with the only exception is I changed threshold to 44 and I've been smoking past the CPU in 6min games w/ scores like 35-3 Cowboys (me) vs Giants. I'm looking for a little bit of challenge but not looking to end up with a winless season during my first year in Franchise.

Is it really that imporant to test out the slider in career mode as opposed to play now? Is there that huge of a difference? I'm trying to hold off on starting my first season until the next roster update, in meanwhile I'm going to tweak around trying to find the right sliders for me.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Hey Dayman,

That would be awesome if you could check out my sliders, they were setup with CCM and they do work different than Play Now. If you don't want to do all the tasks, you can sim through it. That is what I did for testing, I sim the practice, progression, trades, etc, and just get into the games.

I am looking forward to the season opener tonight as well, GO COWBOYS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »