Home

Questiion About Injury Training Staff

This is a discussion on Questiion About Injury Training Staff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon5 Questiion About Injury Training Staff

When you're hiring an injury training staff, Prevention and Recovery ratings are self-explainatory, but what about Knowledge? What does that rating mean? Does higher knowledge of an injury help recovery time?

Also, has anyone tried hiring a "middle of the road" training staff to create more realistic injuries? If so, how has it worked and what were the ratings of the staff you hired?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #2
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Re: Questiion About Injury Training Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
When you're hiring an injury training staff, Prevention and Recovery ratings are self-explainatory, but what about Knowledge? What does that rating mean? Does higher knowledge of an injury help recovery time?

Also, has anyone tried hiring a "middle of the road" training staff to create more realistic injuries? If so, how has it worked and what were the ratings of the staff you hired?
I guess no one's tried this? How about the slider makers?
Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

I always go with the best clinics, and anyway there will hardly be any more than 5 injuries a team at one time so why go with a poorly rated clinic?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:16 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
I always go with the best clinics, and anyway there will hardly be any more than 5 injuries a team at one time so why go with a poorly rated clinic?
Have you looked at the NFL injury reports lately? I would guess not, teams pretty much ALWAYS have more then five players on the injury report. There are only 6 teams that have less then 6 players on their injury report. And a few even have 10+.

To the original poster, I've actually been thinking about testing this idea just to see what happens. Might test it tommorow if I have time. I agree, we do need more injuries, even if it is little ones. Just need people on the report.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Have you looked at the NFL injury reports lately? I would guess not, teams pretty much ALWAYS have more then five players on the injury report. There are only 6 teams that have less then 6 players on their injury report. And a few even have 10+.

To the original poster, I've actually been thinking about testing this idea just to see what happens. Might test it tommorow if I have time. I agree, we do need more injuries, even if it is little ones. Just need people on the report.
Let me know how your test goes. I'm close to the end of season 1 in my Franchise and I'd like to set it up right for season 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

Well, just ran a quick test. Doing another one right now. First time, I picked a training staff that had all 60's for it's ratings. Not the lowest one though. Didn't seem to do to much. I had a few injuries, but not like it should be. I think at most I had two players out at once.

Now I'm doing it again and going to pick the worst training staff to see what happens. Hopefully that will work, if it does this should be great. Also, I'm just simming the games so I don't know how it will do when you play them. Don't have the time to try that.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree there should be more injuries in the game. I played 5 season without an injury to any of my offensive or defensive line. I had one season where I lost my number 2 wideout for the season, I would like the challenge of having to juggle my lineup with backups. I feel that EA sports needs to create an Injury slider. Their Motto if it's in the game, it's in the game, well Injuries are part of the NFL.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:47 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

Well ran my test about 5 times. Didn't seem to change anything. I don't think EA programed the game to let us have injuries. No matter what it doesn't seem to happen. Much less if you play the games versus simming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »