Home

Season Long Fatigue? Weekly Prep?

This is a discussion on Season Long Fatigue? Weekly Prep? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Season Long Fatigue? Weekly Prep?

Did I just dream about this or has this feature been added to Franchise Mode. It was such a welcome addition in MVP and could play a significant role for some players (ie: RBs) This way it would make it hard to give Ahman Green 500 carries a season without him going down with an injury or complain about being Earl Campbellized like Ricky Williams did last season. Hopefully this feature as well as injuries actually occuring while combine to make a more enjoyable franchise experience.

Also has weekly prep been added. I enjoyed the concept of it in 2k5 but it became just too tedious

Basically all I'm saying is I hope franchise mode received some improvements like the above two as well as more holdouts, cpu players resigning players in the middle of the season, Ray Lewis not being a free agent, better cpu drafting.

Last edited by MachoMyers; 07-28-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Season Long Fatigue? Weekly Prep?

There is IN GAME progressive fatigue, meaning by a HB's 30th carry he will be worn down, same applies to defense, but not season. I agree, it would be sweet. I think, simply based on a player's number of snaps per game and his stamina rating, it could be implemented easy enough IF they redo every's stamina to accurate levels. By week 13 or so most players should have degraded stamina maximums - so like a HB with 300 carries by week 13 would have maybe a max stamina level of 85% from the very start of the game. Other positions should apply too, just not as severely as HB's - actually maybe just HB as it doesn't seem to be quite as impacting on other positions. It would be a cool factor going into the playoffs too.

The weekly prep was tedious in ESPN, in my opinion, because it was all "on paper". From my understanding, the weekly "gameplan" as it is known here is actually based on your running plays in pracitce - sounds pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds pretty good

I just read about the Weekly Gameplan in Game Informer magazine when i was at Chapters last night and it sounds pretty cool - giving your team a ratings boost if the opposing teams runs one of the plays you practiced.

I guess I am just hopeful injuries/fatigue plays more of an impact making franchise mode more challenging because of the need of depth.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
By week 13 or so most players should have degraded stamina maximums - so like a HB with 300 carries by week 13 would have maybe a max stamina level of 85% from the very start of the game.

... great... idea...

This would add a whoooole new dimension to videogames. Now, basically the only time I sub out my running back is if he's had too many carries in a row and I think he might fumble, lol. This would have you "saving your running back" for the playoffs, etc.

Also, non-workhorse backs couldn't be used as such because they'd wear down quicker.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Progressive fatigue is a good idea, but what about workhorse backs who get STRONGER as the game goes on? It could be a potential problem to have a back like Stephen Davis fatigue in the 4Q at the same rate as a DeShaun Foster when in reality Davis is more likely to be "lathered up" and running stronger than he was in the 1Q.

Just a thought...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Progressive fatigue is a good idea, but what about workhorse backs who get STRONGER as the game goes on? It could be a potential problem to have a back like Stephen Davis fatigue in the 4Q at the same rate as a DeShaun Foster when in reality Davis is more likely to be "lathered up" and running stronger than he was in the 1Q.

Just a thought...
Good example. Yes. This would mean that the developers would need to do their homework.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Article over at Madden Planet that talks about the use of the truck stick and its effect on running backs during the game (fatigue progression).

Article can be found: HERE

Last edited by RGmoney; 07-29-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

A back like Davis doesn't get stronger, it's the defense that weakens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »