Home

This needs to be read, not replied with flames.

This is a discussion on This needs to be read, not replied with flames. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Icon14 This needs to be read, not replied with flames.

This banning and closing threads, and people flaming those who don't appreciate what EA is doing, or the products they are releasing is waaayyyyy otta hand, and not just on this site.

Every year, EA relases basically the same game. By that, we mean the EXACT game engine. The core, along with it's many many flaws or glitches remain. Adding a Hit Stick to it, or a Flashlight QB, or a Superstar Mode is not making the game better. EA Forums would not have this much bashing or complaining, had it not bought that license, and continued to act lazily. NCAA 06 is a prime example, yet that is for another Forum.

The same way you can start a thread praising EA, and putting them on pedastals, should go for those who Don't like the game, and want to post it's issues. Why not have the Mods make an Official Madden Complaint thread, and same for the NCAA Board. You have to realize that there are millions of people who loved NFL 2K as well as Blitz but are forced to go back to Madden simply because they love football games. So EA set themselves up for this train-wreck. I've read so many posts where there are such ridiculous attempts at defending these games, it almost hurts my feelings to see people this blind and caught up by one Gaming Company.

I get fussed at by my girl EVERY year, because I get NCAA & Madden for the love of the games. Not the Companies. And she tears my ears off listening to me scream at the games, and rip EA while playing. So no one can call me a fanboy of a particualr Company, I just want EA to stop being lazy, and start caring for their customers, because it is VERY obvious to any rational mind that they don't. It's money first, quality later.

Hope the Mods think about that complaint thread. And if I posted anything wrong, or broke a rule, then I apologize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: This needs to be read, not replied with flames.

The reason threads get locked is because posters constantly cross the line between criticism and flamboyant fanboyism.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

thats ea for ya. all they care about is the money they make off of their titles, every year they make a so called revolution to their games and it only turns out to be minor.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
thats ea for ya. all they care about is the money they make off of their titles, every year they make a so called revolution to their games and it only turns out to be minor.
All anyone releasing games cares about is making money. It's called business, and in order to stay "in it" you have to profit.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

I like your post but in this day and age, it's all greed. When i was growing up, all stores were closed on Sundays. Now it's 24 / 7.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
The reason threads get locked is because posters constantly cross the line between criticism and flamboyant fanboyism.
I do agree. But I hate being called an ESPN fanboy because I love how Take 2 goes about their business. Now, I loved MBL 2K4 when I played over all else, but MLB 2K5 disappointed me. I tried MLB 2006 by 989 and fell in love. Does that make me a 989 fanboy because I feel this is the best out there? *just a figure out speech* (not an actual question)

So I agree man. Some of the fanboyism can get really otta hand. But I just feel to eliminate alot of petty bickering, you can have all the complainers in one huge thread. Maybe EA will actually take heed, rather than having to search for them amongst a bunch of flaming back and forth.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:18 PM   #7
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

EA has been lazy on this current engine, but lets wait until the next gen game comes out to pass further judgement. I am a 2K fan, but I am willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt.

I am hoping that their focus has been on the next gen game and they didn't put that much effort into updating the current gen game's engine. Yes, they added some fluff, but the engine will be the same.

If the next gen games suck, all the hardcore video football gamers will be screwed. All those who don't really like EA's brand of football, that is.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
All anyone releasing games cares about is making money. It's called business, and in order to stay "in it" you have to profit.
I disagree; there are still video game creators who make games for "artistic" purposes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »