Home

Beating the Zone, and ball swats

This is a discussion on Beating the Zone, and ball swats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Beating the Zone, and ball swats

Does the precision passing feature work well enough to split the Zone on all-madden?

Does the AI on all madden still swat balls like there swatting flies at a picnic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Beating the Zone, and ball swats

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan
Does the precision passing feature work well enough to split the Zone on all-madden?

Does the AI on all madden still swat balls like there swatting flies at a picnic?

Throw high.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
Throw high.

You playing all pro?

Anyways, the game has a few animations which are pretty lame... one of them is the flying LB pass swat animation is this still prevelant?

Does the Precision passing work well enough to not only "throw high" but to do other things like throw a touch pass over your receivers right shoulder on a fly pattern?

Last edited by illidan; 08-09-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I've been playing All-Madden Hardcore ranked games online, and the Michael Jordan DB's are still here. And it's sickening. What's sad is that the A.I. seems to stay stronger on one side of the ball. Meaning while one team is catching all the ints and passes, the other team is dropping everything. It's horrible as well as frustrating to watch.

Don't expect realistic NFL stats either. All 5 of my games online have been high scoring cpu assisted affairs, with total yards around 100-150 apiece. And about 4-5 turnovers apiece and this is not an exaggeration. High scores due to the turnovers and ints and fumbles brought back for TD's.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
I've been playing All-Madden Hardcore ranked games online, and the Michael Jordan DB's are still here. And it's sickening. What's sad is that the A.I. seems to stay stronger on one side of the ball. Meaning while one team is catching all the ints and passes, the other team is dropping everything. It's horrible as well as frustrating to watch.

Don't expect realistic NFL stats either. All 5 of my games online have been high scoring cpu assisted affairs, with total yards around 100-150 apiece. And about 4-5 turnovers apiece and this is not an exaggeration. High scores due to the turnovers and ints and fumbles brought back for TD's.

Ya I agree, I am quickly becoming discouraged with this super DB and LB crap. Everytime a receiver gets open and I throw a pass, 9 times out of 10 a Db or LB jumps up like he came off a trampoline and swats the thing down. Its really frustrating. Then if I decide to lob it, when the ball gets to the receiver, about 7000 DB's and or LB's arrive there also. Its ridiculous

I am hoping either a skill level change to All Pro from All Madden or something with the sliders will help stop these DBs and LBs from jumping out of the stadium to swat these passes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm not having that problem...maybe you guys just suck at being QB's

Just kidding, but really, I haven't encountered that problem at all this year, if you locate your passes and put the right velocity on it the DB's shouldn't be able to get to it. And I really haven't seen any superman jumping like I did last year, a little bit, but not nearly as much as last year.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
I'm not having that problem...maybe you guys just suck at being QB's

Just kidding, but really, I haven't encountered that problem at all this year, if you locate your passes and put the right velocity on it the DB's shouldn't be able to get to it. And I really haven't seen any superman jumping like I did last year, a little bit, but not nearly as much as last year.
naaahhh...it's there (the high turnover rate). But personally I feel it's b/c people are sooo uncomfortable passing. I played in 2 torneys this week and ev'one - I mean ev'one - managed about 4 turnovers a game. The flip side it that while I turned the ball over 4 times a game, so did the other guy, so it kind of evened out. But as far a fumbles, yeah, they will cough it up, especially if you don't fair catch w/ someone in your face on the punt.

As far as super LBs and DBs, i think the animation of the way they jump in the air to grab pics is very dramatic and "super-man looking," causing many to feel as if a "super" play has occurred. What they should have done is make it so the DBs and LB don't jump so dang high in the air.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Ya I agree, I am quickly becoming discouraged with this super DB and LB crap. Everytime a receiver gets open and I throw a pass, 9 times out of 10 a Db or LB jumps up like he came off a trampoline and swats the thing down. Its really frustrating. Then if I decide to lob it, when the ball gets to the receiver, about 7000 DB's and or LB's arrive there also. Its ridiculous

I am hoping either a skill level change to All Pro from All Madden or something with the sliders will help stop these DBs and LBs from jumping out of the stadium to swat these passes
DEAD ON^^^^ This guy has been playing Madden 06. Also, I'm sick of hearing changing the levels. I thought I mentioned I'm playing 2 different levels with the same results. The levels don't effect the animations of the game, only the speed of play. Meaning the same silly stuff you see at Rookie, happens 4 times faster on All-Madden, if not 5 times faster that's all.

What pisses me off about these Michael Jordan DB's, is that it bails out the screwball calling bad defenses all game, and you have him beaten. The core animations will bail him out everytime. Including the super-dive which has saved me a few TDs I'll admit from diving at runners from behind about 4 yards away. It's silly and stupid.

Another thing, the speed cheat is still here. Why are people pulling 8 men into the box, (ala Madden 03, Madden 04, Madden 05 CHEESE) and then getting back 30 yards downfield to defend passes against WR's who has 92-98 speed? This is impossible!!!! It stops the run automatically, but when you catch them doing this foolishness all game, you still can't pass the ball? Not to mention, if they blitz you from this set, the LB's super speed animations have them in the backfield instantly, forcing bad throws anyway. It's hell in a console I tell you!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »