Home

Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

This is a discussion on Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

I keep hearing a repiticious hum drumming in my ear drums with regards to Electronic Art's Jonathan Madden National Football League video game sports franchise.

I hear..this is an alpha build almost daily..or..wait until next year..this is only their first year on this console...but next year..woa boy..thats gonna be a humdinger..you just wait til 07 baby..wooohoo...I can only imagine.

Welp..the problem is...if next year is ALWAYs the break out year..next year will never come..I mean..you are always no less than 1 year away from next year indefinitely. So what are your thoughts on this matter? I am interested in hearing what the board thinks...will next year REALLy be the year..what leads you to this conclusion? Is what weve seen REALLY an alpha build or a lackluster final product? Are what we are truly hearing is hope..denial?

Your thoughts? not all at once now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

No year will be the year...

Every year will bring something new to the table.

2007 will have hand towels so we can look forward to that. Each year EA may find use to different coding in the system to make the game better also.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

I stopped concerning myself about all that when I first noticed it back in 2000 or so. Sounds like you should just accept that's the way it is with them and let it go, maybe.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
I keep hearing a repiticious hum drumming in my ear drums with regards to Electronic Art's Jonathan Madden National Football League video game sports franchise.

I hear..this is an alpha build almost daily..or..wait until next year..this is only their first year on this console...but next year..woa boy..thats gonna be a humdinger..you just wait til 07 baby..wooohoo...I can only imagine.

Welp..the problem is...if next year is ALWAYs the break out year..next year will never come..I mean..you are always no less than 1 year away from next year indefinitely. So what are your thoughts on this matter? I am interested in hearing what the board thinks...will next year REALLy be the year..what leads you to this conclusion? Is what weve seen REALLY an alpha build or a lackluster final product? Are what we are truly hearing is hope..denial?

Your thoughts? not all at once now.
Man you know you can't talk about ea on these boards without ramifications..which leads me to believe that this thread will be locked...anyway I am in100% agrreement with you ..we keep waiting every year and there is always something wrong..either graphics, gameplay...new bugs and glitches..or the big one adding new features..but as football gamers we are stuck..I went with 2k5 last year and never looked back because it was new and refreshing....but I am back to Madden because I have no choice..and since I love football gaming I will bu y it...exactly what ea is banking on
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
No year will be the year...

Every year will bring something new to the table.

2007 will have hand towels so we can look forward to that. Each year EA may find use to different coding in the system to make the game better also.

Some people never learn. I dont have a problem with the we'll add a little more each year to keep people buying. BUT when you take out current stuff on a new system and then add it back in 2 years later its just stupid.

Theres enough stuff that EA doesnt get right that they can fix from year to year to warrant a re-purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

It is pretty much the same, but it is our own fault. We keep buying it every year. So they figure why change. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

How refreshing..another EA/Madden/Tiburon whiney, woe is the state of Madden football thread...Can't wait to hear all about how terrible this game will be and how great life would have been with 2k...here's to whining and crying (sarcasm)
Old 10-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
How refreshing..another EA/Madden/Tiburon whiney, woe is the state of Madden football thread...Can't wait to hear all about how terrible this game will be and how great life would have been with 2k...here's to whining and crying (sarcasm)
and no thread that is not praising EA is not complete without Mike Jones......
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »