Home

Making excuses...

This is a discussion on Making excuses... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:56 AM   #1
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Making excuses...

I know some people will view this as trolling. I know I would, but I feel that I have to say this: IF YOU MADDEN FANS DON'T STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR EA, THEY WILL NEVER FIX THEIR DAMNED GAMES!!!

There I said it. I apologize for the hit and run post in the impression thread. I would have left more impressions if I had the time, but I didn't. I just left a little warning. You should have rented the game before buying it. How did I play Madden before the 360 was released? Because I have connections and we'll leave it at that.

I'm not going to sit here to try to bash the game or the people that enjoy it. I don't care. If you like the game, cool. But PLEASE for the love of God, don't try to convince people that the criticism it gets from OTHERS isn't fair or unwarranted. Because it is fair and it is warranted in many ways.

Let me ask you a series of questions of fact about the game and then you can sit back and REALLY think about what you just paid $460+ for.

1. This is a launch title, is this a game you can honestly say someone should buy a $400+ dollar system for?

2. Do you think there is a VIABLE excuse for a company as LARGE as EA to take out value features just because they moved to another bit of hardware? We're talking about a company and product that has been on almost every piece of hardware you can think of from PSPs, DSs, PS!ONE!, to PHONES! Isn't it rather convenient that they can have a team of monkeys working on Football Manager coming out later, but they can't scrape up a couple more monkeys to at LEAST f***ing port the current gen franchise over to this gen? I'll take heat for this, but it MUST be said - if you accept this bs, then .

3. Outside of rezzing up the textures, what truly next gen graphical upgrade is in this game? (Rezzing up textures is NOT next gen btw). Have you seen the rain and snow effects? Is that next gen?

4. Gameplay. Did this game take a generational step forward in gameplay? Did it take a step backwards? To me, this is CORE question.

5. For all that money they spent for exclusive rights to the NFL and ESPN, what are we getting for it that's "next gen".

6. Do you see issues in this game that you didn't see in the XBox/PS2 versions? I know I do.

7. Related to #6, did they fix major issues from the previous gen versions? If they haven't, wouldn't it seem that these issues would never be fixed.

8. Are you TRULY, TRULY getting what you expected? Remember the videos released with TO and McNabb? Nice looking Strahan facial animations huh? Nice injury presentation right? Did they deliver on those? How about the "next gen" playcalling? I guess Fever was ahead of it's time right?

Again, I'm sorry, but it's just a SAD state when I see people here totally ignoring the issues, ommission, and outright lies handed to them in a $460 dollar package. As a guy who's gaming season begins and ends with football, I'm PISSED at EA, because I feel that I don't have the game that I SHOULD have. I'm also pissed that collectively they're not being called on it, and they're going to get away with it AGAIN. I don't bash a game to make myself feel better, or to make the world think that I have some high standards. I voice my gripes so that the devs can see them and F***ING FIX THEM!

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-25-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 02:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Unhappy Re: Making excuses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I know some people will view this as trolling. I know I would, but I feel that I have to say this: IF YOU MADDEN FANS DON'T STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR EA, THEY WILL NEVER FIX THEIR DAMNED GAMES!!!

There I said it. I apologize for the hit and run post in the impression thread. I would have left more impressions if I had the time, but I didn't. I just left a little warning. You should have rented the game before buying it. How did I play Madden before the 360 was released? Because I have connections and we'll leave it at that.

I'm not going to sit here to try to bash the game or the people that enjoy it. I don't care. If you like the game, cool. But PLEASE for the love of God, don't try to convince people that the criticism it gets from OTHERS isn't fair or unwarranted. Because it is fair and it is warranted in many ways.

Let me ask you a series of questions of fact about the game and then you can sit back and REALLY think about what you just paid $460+ for.

1. This is a launch title, is this a game you can honestly say someone should buy a $400+ dollar system for?

2. Do you think there is a VIABLE excuse for a company as LARGE as EA to take out value features just because they moved to another bit of hardware? We're talking about a company and product that has been on almost every piece of hardware you can think of from PSPs, DSs, PS!ONE!, to PHONES! Isn't it rather convenient that they can have a team of monkeys working on Football Manager coming out later, but they can't scrape up a couple more monkeys to at LEAST f***ing port the current gen franchise over to this gen? I'll take heat for this, but it MUST be said - if you accept this bs, then you truly are stupid.

3. Outside of rezzing up the textures, what truly next gen graphical upgrade is in this game? (Rezzing up textures is NOT next gen btw). Have you seen the rain and snow effects? Is that next gen?

4. Gameplay. Did this game take a generational step forward in gameplay? Did it take a step backwards? To me, this is CORE question.

5. For all that money they spent for exclusive rights to the NFL and ESPN, what are we getting for it that's "next gen".

6. Do you see issues in this game that you didn't see in the XBox/PS2 versions? I know I do.

7. Related to #6, did they fix major issues from the previous gen versions? If they haven't, wouldn't it seem that these issues would never be fixed.

8. Are you TRULY, TRULY getting what you expected? Remember the videos released with TO and McNabb? Nice looking Strahan facial animations huh? Nice injury presentation right? Did they deliver on those? How about the "next gen" playcalling? I guess Fever was ahead of it's time right?

Again, I'm sorry, but it's just a SAD state when I see people here totally ignoring the issues, ommission, and outright lies handed to them in a $460 dollar package. As a guy who's gaming season begins and ends with football, I'm PISSED at EA, because I feel that I don't have the game that I SHOULD have. I'm also pissed that collectively they're not being called on it, and they're going to get away with it AGAIN. I don't bash a game to make myself feel better, or to make the world think that I have some high standards. I voice my gripes so that the devs can see them and F***ING FIX THEM!
I agree with you 100000% but its not worth it anymore. The faster we realize that we got fu__ked as gamers and that we can not do anything about and move on the better it will be. I gave up on stating all the things EA does wrong with thier football game and its the same thing 100000 other people say also. BUT for every one of "us" thier is 10 of "them" we are fighting a loosing battle, EA will continue to make what sales regardless if its good or bad $$$$$$$$ is all that counts. Give up my brother and its over its all over. We have lost..............
Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Making excuses...

Great points, but calling people stupid is bad under any circumstances. I give your rant a “6.5”. And anyone who’s that upset about anything in life – and a video game at that – needs to either meditate or, in your case, get rid of the game console maybe
Old 11-25-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

His post was 100% correct. And for calling people stupid that's a bit harsh. Use another term DUDE...

Everything he said has been true. I think that Ea doesn't care what a few of us think because a majority of the madden players DO make excuses. One guy actually said in regards to madden " LOWER YOUR STANDARDS"!!!!!
UMMMMM Madden has the nfl in their hands and yet they won't give us a legit game improvment......I think most people have the WOW factor about the graphics but for all the little things they took out of the game!!! I'm sorry that's just terrible. IT's not owners mode and things like that it's camera options, audiable options, Sliders, and all the little gameplay options they took out. I think most of us would rather see a port with polished graphics and ea actually TELL THE TRUTH ummm Yeah Tell the truth and say This year we will bring a port with polished graphics but next year will be"BUILT from the GROUND UP".. But with people constantly defending ea and buying the heck out of their games, Why should they change anything....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with buzz also but you can't call folks stupid . Def not in here anyway. If you recall EA did this with the PS2 launch. NBA LIVE 2001 was horrible(although old reviewer here gave it a hall of fame). Madden 2001 wasn't that great with the cpu comeback logic and other flaws. I heard the hockey wasn't good and lets not even get into triple play.I think part of is they are trying to get familar with a new system but they also know gamers are so hyped about the new system they will rush out and buy subpar games just to say they have something next gen.. But I honestly think their titles will be better next year just like madden 2002 and nba live 2002 were.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

I agree with some of the original post.(except calling people stupid)

Man, I was expecting more or less a direct port of 06 with alot of the things wrong in it fixed for the 360 version. Then when we found out alot of those features would not be in the game, I figured well it will at least play like or better than the 06 Madden. This game as it stands aint the worst game I have played but its not progressing. IMO it has taken a step back.

This game does not even look finished. EA should have just pulled a 97 and not released a Madden this year, or at least delayed its release till the game was more complete.

I agree about hardcore Madden fans(some of them) They just got a game with a "next-gen" tag thats 4 years backwards from what they had and does not even play as smooth or fluid as what they had, but somehow they accept it.

I fired up 2K5 last night and when you look at the scale of the players in relation to the field, the depth of the stadiums, the animations of the players, the presentation, VIP, not to mention it had First person football as a added feature. 2K5 is the game that could be touting "next-gen" not this mess we got called Madden 360.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I voice my gripes so that the devs can see them and F***ING FIX THEM!
A couple more things. People are paying $400 for a 360 CONSOLE and $60-70 for each GAME. The ‘I paid $500 for Madden’ argument doesn’t wash. Second, you are truly a young grasshopper if you believe EA has any intention of ‘fixing’ any of this. They’re keeping Madden next-gen game play just like Madden current-gen, for one really important reason: SALES.

Last edited by baa7; 11-25-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
This game does not even look finished. EA should have just pulled a 97 and not released a Madden this year, or at least delayed its release till the game was more complete.
EA’s Tiger Woods golf and FIFA soccer for the 360 have the exact same problems: poor game play, stripped of features, and the sense the game's incomplete and/or was rushed into production. EA was simply capitalizing on the 360 launch. It's a money grab, period.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »