Home

360 Madden demo...

This is a discussion on 360 Madden demo... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
360 Madden demo...

I just downloaded and played the Madden demo for 360, and all I can say is wow...It seems like this game took a huge step backwards. I was actually in shock over the quality of the gameplay. This is not like EA. The graphics were unimpressive. The way the players run is extremely awkward. In turn, it seems that the running game has suffered the most. The animations just don't look right. There's something missing (mainly transition animations). Passing didnt feel right either..from the trajectory of the ball to the way the wr's run their routes. The WR screen pass looks awful. Overall, the control seems stiff. The must be a trend across all of EA's 360 games, because Live also suffers from the stiff controls and player movement. This is one of those years that I just won't be getting a football game. I just can't justify the 60 beans for this game. And, if they don't make significant improvements, next year might be the first time I go two straight years without owning a Madden game.

EA needs to make a comback next year. Hopefully, they'll start with Knockout Kings, which looks beautiful so far.

37" Westinghouse Digital LCD
360 Core System w/add-on HD, component cables
Gateway Media Center PC (for media sharing)
GRAW
PGR3
Fight Night Round 3
2 Wireless Controllers
360 Universal Remote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 360 Madden demo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac2k3
I just downloaded and played the Madden demo for 360, and all I can say is wow...It seems like this game took a huge step backwards. I was actually in shock over the quality of the gameplay. This is not like EA. The graphics were unimpressive. The way the players run is extremely awkward. In turn, it seems that the running game has suffered the most. The animations just don't look right. There's something missing (mainly transition animations). Passing didnt feel right either..from the trajectory of the ball to the way the wr's run their routes. The WR screen pass looks awful. Overall, the control seems stiff. The must be a trend across all of EA's 360 games, because Live also suffers from the stiff controls and player movement. This is one of those years that I just won't be getting a football game. I just can't justify the 60 beans for this game. And, if they don't make significant improvements, next year might be the first time I go two straight years without owning a Madden game.

EA needs to make a comback next year. Hopefully, they'll start with Knockout Kings, which looks beautiful so far.
Yeah, I borrowed my buddy's copy and was unimpressed. However, a few days ago I felt like I should give it another shot. I tried to borrow his copy but he wasn't home so I downloaded the demo. Needless to say, it was deleted soon after. Just not feeling this game at all. IMO, it was a major let down. It did not even impress me with graphics. The only thing I thought looked good was the stadiums.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Well i felt like you guys at first but after I gave it sometime and played quite a few games I really started to enjoy it.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

are you guys just figuring out that EA is a marketing first, overrated company that puts out fluff and won't make improvements to their games.

Hard to believe but EA is getting even lazier. Say hello to lazy ports, taking away features, programming for the least common denominator (last gen = ps2), derivative sequels, shallow movie games, poor graphix (or if they improve graphix like they did for 360, poor gameplay)

But I can't blame them for being lazy, the masses still buy up their crap, making them far and away the biggest developer. Why change.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman321
are you guys just figuring out that EA is a marketing first, overrated company that puts out fluff and won't make improvements to their games.

Hard to believe but EA is getting even lazier. Say hello to lazy ports, taking away features, programming for the least common denominator (last gen = ps2), derivative sequels, shallow movie games, poor graphix (or if they improve graphix like they did for 360, poor gameplay)

But I can't blame them for being lazy, the masses still buy up their crap, making them far and away the biggest developer. Why change.
That was a pretty lazy post as you merely just repeated what tons of people have said, and probably haven't even played it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »