Home

SuperStar mode Expanded: whatd think of this?

This is a discussion on SuperStar mode Expanded: whatd think of this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
SuperStar mode Expanded: whatd think of this?

We know how superstar mode is gonna be where we create a guy. How would you guys feel about selecting from any player in the game and basically try to earn PT ,get better etc, as that player.

Like TO. you know your the starter but you gotta perform at the highest level always.. I guess in a way, currently, in a few years on superstar mode, your created WR could be at that stage, but I'd like to go through it all with the real guys.

bad idea? maybe the next evolution of superstar mode?

Or maybe an agent mode. where you can create an agent and sign players and actually play as those guys each week trying to get better.

I guess most love the fantasy part of these modes but to use real guys even aging superstars would be amazing

(this isnt really a wishlist item.. just wondering what peoples thoughts are for the future)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: SuperStar mode Expanded: whatd think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
We know how superstar mode is gonna be where we create a guy. How would you guys feel about selecting from any player in the game and basically try to earn PT ,get better etc, as that player.

Like TO. you know your the starter but you gotta perform at the highest level always.. I guess in a way, currently, in a few years on superstar mode, your created WR could be at that stage, but I'd like to go through it all with the real guys.

bad idea? maybe the next evolution of superstar mode?

Or maybe an agent mode. where you can create an agent and sign players and actually play as those guys each week trying to get better.

I guess most love the fantasy part of these modes but to use real guys even aging superstars would be amazing

(this isnt really a wishlist item.. just wondering what peoples thoughts are for the future)
It would also be cool if you could be TO and pimp smack Drew for getting sacked or overthrowing a pass. I think your idea is cool and I wondered if you could use a regular NFL player but, you can't.

One thing that I read that sounds cool is the fact that players you use in your franchise can make the HOF and will have a special card that shows their career stats just like the unlockable HOF. The only thing they won't have is a video highlight of them playing. The unlockable HOF do. Sounds pretty damn cool though. It would be crazy if they could have a highlight of best plays your players in your franchise made.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Sounds like a cool idea but it would never fly...soley because of the NFL Players Union. They are like the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys in regard to the primadonnas (or the criminals like half the Bengals team this year). Wouldn't want the gamer engaging his digital alter ego in "fictional" contract holdouts, slanderous press conferences and such

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Sounds like a cool idea but it would never fly...soley because of the NFL Players Union. They are like the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys in regard to the primadonnas (or the criminals like half the Bengals team this year). Wouldn't want the gamer engaging his digital alter ego in "fictional" contract holdouts, slanderous press conferences and such
lol i see.

but why not have the same functionality of this new superstar mode but with just the option to take control of a player at a varying stage in his career. its essentially like having 200 diff. created superstars to choose from, but wer'e all somewhat familiar with them.

Are contracts even involved with the superstar mode? I dont see it any differently than trading guys in franchise mode or having guys want more money in FA via the trade AI in game. I could see how Agent mode could be questionable. there are too many monetary "concerns" that are realistic but when not implemented at all into a game, takes away almost all the fun/
Old 08-03-2006, 03:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Well lets see if the new improved superstar mode is even worth playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Honestly it would be cool to have a separate game of Superstar. Think about it. Start off with a player that hasn't been drafted or that didn't play college. You know have a player come from the bottom. Example semi-pro leagues and have them work for a chance to get to the next level. Then throughout the game you can try out for NFL Camps and see if you make it. Then make it to the Arena league through everything...slowly but surely see if you can make to the next level of play. Going through the trials and tribulations of a player trying to make it to the big league. Once in the NFL now you can start a real F-ball career. See they could make a whole separate game like this one and I bet you can see ppl actually appreciating what many players that made it now go through. Like Sam godo for the packers. Tell me wat you think

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »