Home

Are all of my defensive backs morons?

This is a discussion on Are all of my defensive backs morons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Are all of my defensive backs morons?

Has anyone else noticed that the DB's are COMPLETE ******S on this game. NCAA 07 has actual DEFENSIVE backs instead of these pilons that Madden features. What's the deal with this crap. I played Bears (me) vs. Packers and literally did not stop 1 single pass during the first quarter. That along with the unstoppable CPU running was enough to make me re-think playing on All-Madden. I know if I play on All-Pro I'll go 16-0 every year and win the Super Bowl. Oh, well. Maybe one day we'll have a realistic football game. I love how you can NEVER, EVER have a 9-6 game (like there was this past Sunday). Its always 48-35, 52-28, 35-31 etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Are all of my defensive backs morons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Has anyone else noticed that the DB's are COMPLETE ******S on this game. NCAA 07 has actual DEFENSIVE backs instead of these pilons that Madden features. What's the deal with this crap. I played Bears (me) vs. Packers and literally did not stop 1 single pass during the first quarter. That along with the unstoppable CPU running was enough to make me re-think playing on All-Madden. I know if I play on All-Pro I'll go 16-0 every year and win the Super Bowl. Oh, well. Maybe one day we'll have a realistic football game. I love how you can NEVER, EVER have a 9-6 game (like there was this past Sunday). Its always 48-35, 52-28, 35-31 etc.
Use sliders, it's not rocket science.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Sliders don't do crap. They are just there to make us think EA gives us some control over the gameplay. Just look at field goal accuracy. Go ahead, lower it to 0 and see if you ever see the CPU miss one.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm with you Gags... it's much better on NCAA, especially after you use the sliders to get it away from being an INT fest.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Sliders don't do crap. They are just there to make us think EA gives us some control over the gameplay. Just look at field goal accuracy. Go ahead, lower it to 0 and see if you ever see the CPU miss one.
sorry but on ncaa... if you play at heisman level... the SS/FS are SUPER morons.... This is the reason why i don´t play heisman.... CB do play better , though.

My advice.. use sliders.. they do work... unless AP is way too easy for you and even with 0 user 99cpu settings you still win games.. you will be able to find a happy medium.

Otherwise... stick to AM and deal with the Super Morons DB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
You can help your DB's play much better by lowering the QBA Slider on All-Madden level.

Instead of them making plays all the time they won't have to if you get the CPU's QB to make more over or under throws. I see you guy's raising human AWR up to as high as 75-100% and they still complain about the DB's not reacting.

The reason for this is because they are really tweaking the wrong slider. It's more about finding a good setting for the CPU's QB's then it is for Human awareness. Make them less accurate and you'll get a better reaction out of your DB's.

PEACE!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I agree with the idea about lowering QBA, I think that's the key. The problem is that the QB usually finds the open receiver and throws a perfect ball where the DB can't get to it. And as for NCAA DB's not reacting, I totally disagree. I play on default Heisman on NCAA and I do fine. I play every single play as the strong safety (Tom Zbikowski) and I have about 1 interception per game with about 9-10 tackles. My other DB's play fine (in comparison to Madden).
Old 09-13-2006, 11:42 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I do agree on what you are saying... but still the OT have a point.

For some reason EA way to make the game "harder" is to make the DB stupid... THis is a picture i took from a Heisman game i had a while back.. and this is preatty common.. the football hiting the S mask.. while the S don´t do nothing... just kept backpedaling...

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7...ture015hv6.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »