Home

Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Madden 08

I know the general consenus of real football gamers has been displeasure with EA's first two installments of Madden on next gen consoles. I, however, have enjoyed Madden 07, dispite its flaws. I truly believe that Madden 08 will be what EA envisioned for next gen football. I think they will clean up all of the major nagging problems and put the franchise mode on par with what we've been used to. Of course I could be completely wrong, but I just feel that EA needed a few years to get their engine tweaked. When you think about it, Madden 06 came out last November and then 07 came out in less than a year. EA hasn't had a whole lot of time to work on their game. So I'm optimistic about next years release. I just hope there isn't a Bear on the cover because I don't want any injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I truly believe that Madden 08 will be what EA envisioned for next gen football.
That's the problem imo - that the game will be what EA envisions next gen football to be. To me outside of the stadiums, they took all types of steps backwards for no sensible reason. The years spent building the H2H game - thrown aside for the sake of having a pretty/somewhat impractical playcalling menu. Their inability to build on the franchise standard they set in current gen. Near-bare extra modes. Players noticeably skating across the turf. 30fps/choppy animations. No emotion. Etc. Etc. Etc. And this is supposed to be the sports game standard; the game all others should be measured to. Thank goodness that's not the case.

It's cool if you like the game, but I thought it was interesting you mentioned they had two years for this next gen game and what you're hoping for is them giving people "what we've been used to". In other words, they have to raise the level of play in the next gen game just to MATCH the current gen game. Not exceed expectations; the hope is that they meet the expectations set in last gen. I just find that really, really sad. I don't think there's another game out there where expectations are set so low.

Perhaps the third year's a charm though. Don't think any other game would be shown the same patience.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-20-2006, 01:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

I will no longer buy into the "next year" is our year spin we so often see from EA or those Madden web sites that are in the tank for EA

its the same routine every season and im not going to be a rube for it next year

1.Madden comes out with a flawed game

2.The spinsters tell us as soon as they clear up a few issues this game will rock

3.E3 -EA starts spinning tales of wonder and joy

4.everybody gets excited and "can't wait to get a copy"

5.Game comes out and everybody is underwhelmed(for good reason),in more years than not some sort of silly/stupid game killing issue that was completely overlooked in testing makes it onto our copy

6. The spinsters tell us as soon as they clear up a few issues this game will rock
Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

I just want them to improve on Superstar Mode. That is the only fun part of the game to me. There is so much more that they can do with it and I am anxious to see.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's the problem imo - that the game will be what EA envisions next gen football to be. To me outside of the stadiums, they took all types of steps backwards for no sensible reason. The years spent building the H2H game - thrown aside for the sake of having a pretty/somewhat impractical playcalling menu. Their inability to build on the franchise standard they set in current gen. Near-bare extra modes. Players noticeably skating across the turf. 30fps/choppy animations. No emotion. Etc. Etc. Etc. And this is supposed to be the sports game standard; the game all others should be measured to. Thank goodness that's not the case.

It's cool if you like the game, but I thought it was interesting you mentioned they had two years for this next gen game and what you're hoping for is them giving people "what we've been used to". In other words, they have to raise the level of play in the next gen game just to MATCH the current gen game. Not exceed expectations; the hope is that they meet the expectations set in last gen. I just find that really, really sad. I don't think there's another game out there where expectations are set so low.

Perhaps the third year's a charm though. Don't think any other game would be shown the same patience.
Good post man, I agree with ya'. I'm not sure that what I want from a next-gen football game is the same thing EA is striving for. I want them to rethink a few aspects of videogame football. Technology is vastly improved and many unique and innovative things can be done now. So why use the mold the has been in place for 10 years? I want them to really take a step back and look at the game of football as a whole and try to create it using today's technology, not using the frame of mind from two generations ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

How long has everyone wanted a different game, 2004? Its time to give up and enjoy what you get or more like what you don't got.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

lol....

I said this since NEXT GEN Madden hit.

Wait until Madden 2008 because they will have 2 years of experience.

Every year im dissappointed but I will stand by my word that 2008 will be a great game.

I have a feeling EA will up the presentation big time. I doubt it though.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Billy O'Reilly needs to talk to EA on his show about Madden and let them know that "the spin stops here", because Bills watching out for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphanatic5
I will no longer buy into the "next year" is our year spin we so often see from EA or those Madden web sites that are in the tank for EA

its the same routine every season and im not going to be a rube for it next year

1.Madden comes out with a flawed game

2.The spinsters tell us as soon as they clear up a few issues this game will rock

3.E3 -EA starts spinning tales of wonder and joy

4.everybody gets excited and "can't wait to get a copy"

5.Game comes out and everybody is underwhelmed(for good reason),in more years than not some sort of silly/stupid game killing issue that was completely overlooked in testing makes it onto our copy

6. The spinsters tell us as soon as they clear up a few issues this game will rock

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »