Home

Taking Madden to the next level

This is a discussion on Taking Madden to the next level within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Taking Madden to the next level

Hey yall I have been playing Madden 07 against the computer since the game came out and its kinda getting old. I want to try the online thing, but am worried about lag. I see Xbox 360 has the $99.99 internet adapter, but am worried about lag. I have not played a game online since PS2 and hated the lag. Is it worth the $99.99 to get online and play? My router is upstair and 360 is downstairs. So should I buy another router or is the XBOX 360 one good with no lag. Hope that made sense, thanks in advance and hope to see yall on there playing Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Taking Madden to the next level

I just got the adapter and it works well for games like Gears of War where someone hosts the game, but I got lag when I played Madden and NCAA. I think it might have to do with the EA servers...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Your better off going wired for gaming..plus you save yourself $100. Play opponents with maximum connection speed..indicated by bars.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The games sare now lag free after the update. I can't remeber the last time I got a lagged game. Online is the best way to go with Madden. Just try and find ppl that play str8 up and you will have the time of your life.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moustafa
I just got the adapter and it works well for games like Gears of War where someone hosts the game, but I got lag when I played Madden and NCAA. I think it might have to do with the EA servers...
EA Servers are utter crap and i'm putting it mildly. I was playing Need For Speed Carbon online and the lag and warping in the game makes it almost unplayable with people just leaving because it's so bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Been using the wireless adapter for awhile now. Runs as smooth as it did when I had a 50 ft wire ran. As long as you have a good wireless router, theres no difference.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
Been using the wireless adapter for awhile now. Runs as smooth as it did when I had a 50 ft wire ran. As long as you have a good wireless router, theres no difference.
Exactly...and the previous poster was right. Ever since the most recent Madden update, online lag is non-existant.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Exactly...and the previous poster was right. Ever since the most recent Madden update, online lag is non-existant.
Yep, probably played 20 games online since the patch, and it couldn't run any smoother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »