Home

SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

This is a discussion on SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #57
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

Does the CPU sub in backups for carries?I.E. Bush, Jones Drew etc.?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFo
Yes
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #59
Rookie

trojan657's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFo
Yes, difinitely and sometimes the 3rd HB would get some carries, not a lot but maybe 1-3 car.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #60
Rookie

trojan657's Arena

I supersim a couple of games with sliders maxed out on defense to 100 and the offense to 0..and I get about 2-3 INTS a game..and on default I get maybe 1-2.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #61
Rookie

I have one super sim week completed on my test franchise at home - I am going to go through and get some more specific averages - RB ypc., QB completion percentage, etc. to see where the adjustment needs to be made. From what I could see last night, it looked as if the problem was with too many rushing yards.

Now, I wan't to look more closely at that before we go adjusting sliders, but if the YPC is too high because of too many broken tackles, we can probably up the tackle slider on D to solve the problem.

If its just too high with the correct number of broken tackles, then we could probably adjust the RBK slider.

That also leads to an interesting question; which slider do we adjust, User or CPU?

For those of you who have seen the difference in production when changing sliders - which slider are you adjusting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #62
Rookie

I just thought of something else -

I was controlling the home team every time when I super-simmed. I'm wondering if there is a difference in production based on me "controlling" one team over the other...

This is quickly turning into a huge undertaking...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
I have one super sim week completed on my test franchise at home - I am going to go through and get some more specific averages - RB ypc., QB completion percentage, etc. to see where the adjustment needs to be made. From what I could see last night, it looked as if the problem was with too many rushing yards.

Now, I wan't to look more closely at that before we go adjusting sliders, but if the YPC is too high because of too many broken tackles, we can probably up the tackle slider on D to solve the problem.

If its just too high with the correct number of broken tackles, then we could probably adjust the RBK slider.

That also leads to an interesting question; which slider do we adjust, User or CPU?

For those of you who have seen the difference in production when changing sliders - which slider are you adjusting?
I haven't tested supersim with sliders, but if the sliders did have an affect and sliders were to be different for user and cpu, what sorts of effects would that have on stats, being as you have to choose a side when you sim. I understand sliders being adjusted for gameplay styles, but would it drastically affect the supersim in terms of user vs. cpu since is it virtually cpu vs cpu in simming and the sliders don't adhere to gameplay style? So I guess we would need a different set of sliders for simming too? Man this sucks. Does anyone know if this is possible to fix via patch. Although if it were, it doesn't seem likely that EA would do fix it, does it?

"I just thought of something else -

I was controlling the home team every time when I super-simmed. I'm wondering if there is a difference in production based on me "controlling" one team over the other...

This is quickly turning into a huge undertaking... "

^pretty much what I was getting at.

Last edited by slip3rman; 08-17-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

yep im about to say screw it and just use the crappy simmed results which arent terrible. besides just pretend that the 8 int's they show for a guy are actually 4. not a huge deal.
m's 0
seahawks 0
sonics 1
storm 1
Felix Hernandez=cy young!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »