Home

Owner mode feature in ESPN the Mag

This is a discussion on Owner mode feature in ESPN the Mag within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Owner mode feature in ESPN the Mag

My friend told me the new ESPN The Magazine has a feature on Madden with details about owner mode. Anyone get it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Owner mode feature in ESPN the Mag

Some points from the article:

- "Full" economics system
- Relocation across North America
- Franchise editor that lets you change colors, logos and names.
- Hiring "scouting agencies" that specialize in specific positions
- Scouting process is moved to the beginning of the season.
- Players can be busts or gems, a first rounder won't automatically be good.
- Players can actually start off good then "slip into ratings hell".

I'm not familiar with superstar mode but in addition to a CAP you can play through the development of "one of this year's impact rookies, like Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson".

9 players receive a 99 rating: Champ Bailey, Steve Smith, Peyton Manning, LaDainian Tomlinson, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Brian Urlacher.

Last edited by Deelron; 06-21-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Missed something of note
Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
Rookie

If that is true, 08 will be amazing.

I wish I could've played as Reggie last year!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelron
Some points from the article:

- "Full" economics system
- Relocation across North America
- Franchise editor that lets you change colors, logos and names.
- Hiring "scouting agencies" that specialize in specific positions
- Scouting process is moved to the beginning of the season.
- Players can be busts or gems, a first rounder won't automatically be good.
- Players can actually start off good then "slip into ratings hell".

I'm not familiar with superstar mode but in addition to a CAP you can play through the development of "one of this year's impact rookies, like Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson".
Good to hear that they actually made additions to the Owner mode instead of just giving us the status quo. I like the dynamic player progression and the fact that first rounders can be Gems or Busts.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

another + for madden 08

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
Pro

Good to hear. Only thing I'm weary about is the fact that ratings can drop drastically on the rookies. Technically, the ratings represent the physical and intangible aspects of players. Players don't lose skill or lose football iq randomly. I'd be more in favor of a potential rating that may or may not be accurate dependent on the quality of your scout. For example, you have a choice between Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning and you have the #1 pick in the draft. Your scout thinks currently Leaf is a B- but his potential is A+, Manning has a current report of B+ and a potential rating of A-. You draft leaf and realize that his current rating is a 77 and his potential is 85 which means if everything goes right the best he'll be is an 85. Manning comes out and is a 78 overall with a 99 potential rating. Other than that though, I'm on board.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Good to hear. Only thing I'm weary about is the fact that ratings can drop drastically on the rookies. Technically, the ratings represent the physical and intangible aspects of players. Players don't lose skill or lose football iq randomly. I'd be more in favor of a potential rating that may or may not be accurate dependent on the quality of your scout. For example, you have a choice between Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning and you have the #1 pick in the draft. Your scout thinks currently Leaf is a B- but his potential is A+, Manning has a current report of B+ and a potential rating of A-. You draft leaf and realize that his current rating is a 77 and his potential is 85 which means if everything goes right the best he'll be is an 85. Manning comes out and is a 78 overall with a 99 potential rating. Other than that though, I'm on board.
Good idea!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Seconded, I like the risk/reward possibility you listed for rookies, and you're totally right that players just don't randomly drop. Another option for longer term player ratings could an increase in injuries (particularly minor ones) with longer repercussions. Most ability degradation seems to come from both age injury, rather then some players just suddenly losing a step or somehow becoming less savvy on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »