Home

Fumbling help for everyone

This is a discussion on Fumbling help for everyone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon4 Fumbling help for everyone

Ok if anyone has read my post you will know I HATE the fumbling and INT bug that has plagued madden 08. Well DAN found a GREAT fix to the fumbling problem. The MAIN cause of fumbles is FATIGUE. Turning fatigue OFF will fix this. Now I know this sucks, I was not happy to hear it either BUT I wanted to see if it was true.

So I did some testing last night. I will keep this short his I did a little bigger write up in the fumbling thread. Two teams with default All-Pro sliders. First game was with fatigue ON and I have fumble after fumble. Now that showed a standard match. I then played same teams again with same default sliders BUT with FATIGUE OFF. Both games I played like this I NEVER had a fumble issue.

Now I played a couple more games last night and figured out other aspects that lead to more fumbles.

1)Spinning, Juking, highlight stick Around alot of people increases the chance of fumbling BIG TIME!!!! I found the spin caused fumbles often if hit as spinning.

2) Running with someone in a way they are not good at. AKA Juking with jamal lewis, will result in more fumbles. Playing to the persons strengths is key. I tested this with BUSH and DUECE. Duece is a power runner, bush finesse. Bush I could spin, juke, highlight stick all I wanted in traffic and I had ZERO fumbles in two games. I then used DUECE and juked and spun and in doing so he put the call on the field three times in two games. I then tested him using with the truck stick and stiff arm. In doing these mainly he fumbled ZERO times.

3)Switching the ball arm you are going to get hit on could be a factor to. I always switch to make sure I am not getting hit on the ball arm.

Final Thoughts

After switching to the fatigue OFF I saw ZERO issues with turn overs. Even the INTs were not a problem. One game Manning was the QB I was against and he threw for 300+ and had one INT. Another game was against Brady and he threw for 250+ (I forgot) with one INT.

I was at the point before where I was about to put madden in its case and play APF only. Because the fumbling issue and INT was out of hand. After I have done this it TRULY all honestly plays a GREAT game of football. I NEVER thought I would be saying this about madden. I had a blast last night with all my games.

ANYWAY guys just wanted to share with everyone and put a topic so the ones not reading the other thread can get a peek at what I feel is a FOR SURE fix till we get a patch.

Later guys
Hotshot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

Re: Fumbling help for everyone

Some of the stuff you mentioned is pure common sense but I wanna ask does turning off the fatigue also effect the CPU players too?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
Some of the stuff you mentioned is pure common sense but I wanna ask does turning off the fatigue also effect the CPU players too?
Some of it is common sense BUT you would be surprised at how people are USED to playing madden with juking, spinning, highlight stick all over the place and get popped by a linebacker and complain that they fumbled. My general thoughts are you got to be more careful with the rock and be aware the defense is TRYING to get the ball out.

To answer ya question, yes effects CPU.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232

3)Switching the ball arm you are going to get hit on could be a factor to. I always switch to make sure I am not getting hit on the ball arm.
How do you switch?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danqb11
How do you switch?

When u hit the stiff arm button, the ball switches to the other hand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Ok if anyone has read my post you will know I HATE the fumbling and INT bug that has plagued madden 08. Well DAN found a GREAT fix to the fumbling problem. The MAIN cause of fumbles is FATIGUE. Turning fatigue OFF will fix this. Now I know this sucks, I was not happy to hear it either BUT I wanted to see if it was true.

So I did some testing last night. I will keep this short his I did a little bigger write up in the fumbling thread. Two teams with default All-Pro sliders. First game was with fatigue ON and I have fumble after fumble. Now that showed a standard match. I then played same teams again with same default sliders BUT with FATIGUE OFF. Both games I played like this I NEVER had a fumble issue.

Now I played a couple more games last night and figured out other aspects that lead to more fumbles.

1)Spinning, Juking, highlight stick Around alot of people increases the chance of fumbling BIG TIME!!!! I found the spin caused fumbles often if hit as spinning.

2) Running with someone in a way they are not good at. AKA Juking with jamal lewis, will result in more fumbles. Playing to the persons strengths is key. I tested this with BUSH and DUECE. Duece is a power runner, bush finesse. Bush I could spin, juke, highlight stick all I wanted in traffic and I had ZERO fumbles in two games. I then used DUECE and juked and spun and in doing so he put the call on the field three times in two games. I then tested him using with the truck stick and stiff arm. In doing these mainly he fumbled ZERO times.

Final Thoughts

After switching to the fatigue OFF I saw ZERO issues with turn overs. Even the INTs were not a problem. One game Manning was the QB I was against and he threw for 300+ and had one INT. Another game was against Brady and he threw for 250+ (I forgot) with one INT.

I was at the point before where I was about to put madden in its case and play APF only. Because the fumbling issue and INT was out of hand. After I have done this it TRULY all honestly plays a GREAT game of football. I NEVER thought I would be saying this about madden. I had a blast last night with all my games.

ANYWAY guys just wanted to share with everyone and put a topic so the ones not reading the other thread can get a peek at what I feel is a FOR SURE fix till we get a patch.

Later guys
Hotshot

The thing that amazes the most that I found with Fatigue being OFF is not only does it solve the Fumbling issues but the INT issue also. The reason I think is that you never get the turnover "Wave" started with fumbles which then helps out the CPU QB's to not throw INTS. This is some weird programming if you ask me but, I'm so happy with this game now since I have figured his out.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

I've actually thought of this in regards to fumbles, but I just couldn't bring myself to turn fatigue off.

I'll try it today though.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

Quote:
Some of it is common sense BUT you would be surprised at how people are USED to playing madden with juking, spinning, highlight stick all over the place and get popped by a linebacker and complain that they fumbled. My general thoughts are you got to be more careful with the rock and be aware the defense is TRYING to get the ball out.

To answer ya question, yes effects CPU.

Yep in real life they teach WRs to secure the ball when they catch it and they also coach DBs to try and rip it lose. They practice this stuff in the NFL all down to the high school level. Its all about that football baby.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »