Home

Hosting a Madden tournament, have a few questions.

This is a discussion on Hosting a Madden tournament, have a few questions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11
Hosting a Madden tournament, have a few questions.

I'll be hosting a Madden tournament as a fundrasing even and have a few questions. This is going to be a top dollar affair and I wanted to get a consensus from people who enjoy playing against other people face-to-face.

If you had the option to play on two tv's where the tv's would be back-to-back would you prefer that or just to play on the same tv / monitor as the person you're playing?

Time will not be an issue so how many minute quarters do you think is appropriate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
Rookie

bigcw22's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hosting a Madden tournament, have a few questions.

Good question.... I would say that for a tournament (depending on number of participants), logistically it would be better to play the game on the same tv and not have a network game. If you have many participants, utilizing all the tv's for as many games as possible would be optimal.

As far as the time goes, I would leave it at 5 minute quarters. You stated that time was not an issue but if it was, you could consider just doing a college overtime type of scenerio.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

bigcw22's Arena

OVR: 1

I see your avatar..are you from Denver? If so, I'd be interested in signing up for this tourney. When is it? how much, ect?? Whats the fundraiser for?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
I'll be hosting a Madden tournament as a fundrasing even and have a few questions. This is going to be a top dollar affair and I wanted to get a consensus from people who enjoy playing against other people face-to-face.

If you had the option to play on two tv's where the tv's would be back-to-back would you prefer that or just to play on the same tv / monitor as the person you're playing?

Time will not be an issue so how many minute quarters do you think is appropriate?
1. Same tvs are cool because of the tension it adds and if the guys or gals are cool the trash talk can be fun. Maybe extra tvs for practice for those waiting or eliminated.

2. Time, if there are not a lot of people 5 minute quarters are cool. If there are a lot of people no less than 3; the 2 minute crap has to go.

3. Maybe also have a rules on nano blitzing and the offense not being able to run goaline the whole drive. Maybe another rule can be that a player cannot call the same exact passing play more than 2 times on the same possession.

Good luck raising money.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcw22
I see your avatar..are you from Denver? If so, I'd be interested in signing up for this tourney. When is it? how much, ect?? Whats the fundraiser for?
Yeah, I'm in the Denver Metro area. Fundraiser is to support a Marine Corps unit out in Aurora, Co. The tournament is scheduled for 26 and 27 April. We're currently looking at a 64 man tourney with a 50 dollar buy in. We've had some local sports collectible shops show some interest to help promote the event as well as provide prizes to 1st,2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Thanks for the replies fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »