Home

This years "cheese" team - The Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on This years "cheese" team - The Minnesota Vikings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
This years "cheese" team - The Minnesota Vikings

At least it's looking like that to me. If you play anyone online who is looking to cheese, I think there's a good chance it would be the Vikes.

On defense especially you have the strong rated defense. Both Kevin and Pat Williams should be at least 94's or better, while Jared Allen should be at least a 96. EJ Henderson should be a 91-93 range while Greenway is still going to be an 87 or higher. Winfield and Sharper will be in the 90's while our other safety Williams should be at least an 88 which he was last year. Ray Edwards, Ben Leber and Cedric Griffin will be the only ones not around the 90 rating.

The we get to offense. You know AD will be god-like with this 97+ speed rating and his agility + trucking ability. McFelony will be overrated as a pass blocker again and Hutch and Birk will remain in the 90's with Hutch being around a 98. They have Ryan Cook rated higher than he should be, so look for him at a 86-88.

Then we have the 2nd best scrambling QB on the game with T-Jack. He just has wheels and can throw deep to one our WR's who will cause mismatches. Berrian will have the big speed advantage while Rice will have the hands and height advantage.

Our FB Tapeh and TE Shiancoe will be our only mediocre spots in my opinion. At least on Madden anyways.

Peterson along with the left side of the line and T-Jacks scrambling ability will be what really makes the offense cheese. The scrambling QB is always overused by cheesers and Peterson will be just that good.

If this doesn't seem right to you, who will be the cheese team? Why?

Anxious to hear your thoughts.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: This years "cheese" team - The Minnesota Vikings

I think that you're partly right, I do agree with everything you said about our offense and defense ratings. The only thing with that is I think that will we be overlooked because we are the Minnesota Vikings, we're not the Atlanta Falcons, Colts, Patriots, or any other team that is overly popular. I may have to pull what I do with my Lakers on 2k, I will only play that team if someone from OS is using them. This is usually the answer to all problems with cheesers, play people from OS.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballa1555
I think that you're partly right, I do agree with everything you said about our offense and defense ratings. The only thing with that is I think that will we be overlooked because we are the Minnesota Vikings, we're not the Atlanta Falcons, Colts, Patriots, or any other team that is overly popular. I may have to pull what I do with my Lakers on 2k, I will only play that team if someone from OS is using them. This is usually the answer to all problems with cheesers, play people from OS.
Yeah, I meant just the cheesers who play online. People usually not affiliated with OS. Like when you play NCAA and you always get the guy who takes the #1 overall team and what not.

I just thought the Vikes would be good cheese this year.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

You can use money/cheese cheap plays with any team.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, I meant just the cheesers who play online. People usually not affiliated with OS. Like when you play NCAA and you always get the guy who takes the #1 overall team and what not.

I just thought the Vikes would be good cheese this year.
Hey, aren't you the other Bison I met here a while back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Hey, aren't you the other Bison I met here a while back?
Well, I am from North Dakota, but I've never attended NDSU.

I do however pull for them whenever they play. Like when they smoked Minnesota last year. Tyler Roehl is the devil when he has the football.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree. The Vikings are a good NFL team, but have trouble because their QB is bad. In Madden, QBs don't really matter and in fact having scrambling ability is more important than a good, accurate arm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »