Home

Do player ratings actually mean something this year on All Pro or All Madden?

This is a discussion on Do player ratings actually mean something this year on All Pro or All Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Do player ratings actually mean something this year on All Pro or All Madden?

This has been especially true on the lines and in DB play. When you play on all pro but moreso all madden, ratings mean less and less because the game is tweaked to make it so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Do player ratings actually mean something this year on All Pro or All Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
This has been especially true on the lines and in DB play. When you play on all pro but moreso all madden, ratings mean less and less because the game is tweaked to make it so.
IMO, ratings have meant something on All-Madden. I can tell a difference between a Tom Brady vs a Kyle Boller.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Do player ratings actually mean something this year on All Pro or All Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
IMO, ratings have meant something on All-Madden. I can tell a difference between a Tom Brady vs a Kyle Boller.
Oh yeah, what about the offensive line. And does the gameplay one type of rating over another? For example, is it more advantageous to have a high agility running back over a high break tackle running back? Does the break tackle mean anything on the higher levels? And what does awareness mean? In the past that has been fairly useless at a number of positions.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Oh yeah, what about the offensive line.
What are you 8??

Quote:
And does the gameplay one type of rating over another? For example, is it more advantageous to have a high agility running back over a high break tackle running back?
I really don't know what you are asking. If you're asking can I tell a difference between a big back that runs between the tackles vs one that runs outside the tackles, then yes, I can.

Quote:
Does the break tackle mean anything on the higher levels?
I think it does.

Quote:
And what does awareness mean? In the past that has been fairly useless at a number of positions.
now that I have always felt wasn't implemented as well as it could be.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What are you 8??

I really don't know what you are asking. If you're asking can I tell a difference between a big back that runs between the tackles vs one that runs outside the tackles, then yes, I can.

I think it does.

now that I have always felt wasn't implemented as well as it could be.
If you dont know what Im talking about Ill just wait for someone who does and not some fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
If you dont know what Im talking about Ill just wait for someone who does and not some fanboy.
What? I answered your questions based on my knowledge and experience with the game. Well, except the one about the agility back vs the break tackle back, where I answered it on how I understood the question.

But you can wait for someone else if you like. I don't mind.....

Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Player ratings...and their worth in particular on All-Madden has long been a sore spot for me. Overall on All-Madden it seems far less a battle of ratings [one player mode] but just simply trying to battle the Superman type cheat of the game level. Meaning the cpu players are all jacked up...and the Users, all dumbed down, and most ratings seem to go out the window.

Of course All-Madden has to be more challenging somehow. But I just wish EA would find a different way of going about it....rather than having my whole roster play like mindless paper dolls.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Here's a response from the Q&A thread that Ian has going...

Quote:
Will there come a day that the player ratings influence the game play more than the game level? (Vikes1)

I would say that for the majority of the ratings, they do. Put throw power or throw accuracy or speed or catching down at 40 and they will make much more difference than the Rookie / All-Madden change. If you have specific examples that you are curious about, PM me and I can post it here.

does the game really interpolate ALLLLLL those ratings on the fly? or are alot of them just placebo raings to satify anal fans? (TeeDogg)

Yes, it does...we have no placebo ratings. Some obviously mean a lot less than others (i.e. Toughness as opposed to Speed) but they all do something. As we moved to nextgen we though more ratings would make things more complicated, but it actually makes tuning easier. Good example is the press vs. release rating. Before we determined who would win a DB/WR press battle with like a combo of strength, agility, speed, awareness, etc...which when you average all of them out a lot of players end up pretty much vanilla and the same. Now we can have a wide range and really make difference between our players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »