Home

Feedback Being Heard Firsthand in the Forums

This is a discussion on Feedback Being Heard Firsthand in the Forums within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Feedback Being Heard Firsthand in the Forums

The big news coming out of the OS Forums and Madden Mania over the past few days has been the presence of Madden 09 Producers answering member questions directly. Patrick Williams talks about this in his latest articled entitled, "Feedback Being Heard Firsthand in the Forums".

Quote:
"These past few weeks and months EA Sports has taken a new approach when it comes to dealing with its customers though, one that is probably long overdue, but still very viable. On top of answering questions on the EA Sports forums, certain individuals like Lead Gameplay Designer (for Madden) Ian Cummings, among others, have been visiting the Operation Sports and Madden Mania forums answering questions and passing along feedback from registered members about Madden '09."
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Feedback Being Heard Firsthand in the Forums

it is great that they are doing this, at the very least to show that they listen to what we say
Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:
A better way to get this done in the future is to have a separate thread in the forum where only certain, chosen particpants could go and throw ideas with producers/devs. This would eliminate the clutter of the message boards and these people could summarize everything that goes on in these private forums.

The selected few could serve as messengers back and forth so the producers/devs don't have to sort through all the "nonsense".

Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:
Wow that was poorly written but I hope most of you understand what I was trying to say.

Producers ---- Forum leaders ---- OS community

Forum leaders = middlemen to increase efficiency.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Yes stewaat, the mods are trying to do their best to keep only relative threads around for the producers to see. We like giving everyone the chance to sound off though and bring forth their ideas or mistakes that nag the series. After the posts are made we try to go back through and just add them to a list compiled where the producer knows to check. He then can pass along that information to the correct department in the company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Lets just hope it continues. I hate to say it like that. I just think it is messed up the way they did not make a lot of these changes earlier. Why didn't the communication start earlier?

The last three Madden's were garbage on next gen. They should make up for it by selling the 20th anniversary game cheaper and with head coach but no. They sell a bundle for more money.

I appreciate and respect the way that Ian is doing his job. He seems like he cares and is a funny dude.But, where are the guys that work on the other sides of the game ? If they are busy get them a secretary that searches sites for suggestions. It isn't that hard to figure out that the people that been buying your game since day one are the people you should listen to. This should of been going on a while ago.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I for one really appreciate hearing from Ian and knowing that someone at EA cares and is trying to improve things for the players and not just the stockholders.
But I do get the feeling that when Peter Moore came on, the meeting with the sales slumping Madden team went something like a scene out of 'Glengarry Glen Ross'.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10
I appreciate what Ian is doing as well. I wish some of his co-workers would do the same. It is a shame however that the communication started so late in the development cycle. Not like we have much time to influence anything but some minor tweaks at this point. I am kind of torn between deciding if his concern is legitimate or if it is a "hey we made decent strides this year with the game...stick with us we care" type of PR campaign.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »