Home

RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout

This is a discussion on RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout

Rams 11-5 and winning a game in the playoffs
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Stats look good...so does the Super Bowl intro...now im curious to see the ending
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Completion percentages are too high, completions are too short.

The sim engine is throwing an inordinate amount of quick passes, leading to low receiving averages and high completion percentages. This probably also accounts for the lack of big TD numbers for QBs.

The sim engine's playcalling is a tad too conservative, but otherwise it looks okay.
These sim numbers 'seem' to actually reflect how the game plays in played games.

There are no long passes thrown when playing against the CPU and these numbers seem to reflect that. Just alot of short dink and dunk passes.

That's what's REALLY frustrating about playing the CPU in this game IMO. The lack of the cpu's ability to attempt deep pass plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
These sim numbers 'seem' to actually reflect how the game plays in played games.

There are no long passes thrown when playing against the CPU and these numbers seem to reflect that. Just alot of short dink and dunk passes.

That's what's REALLY frustrating about playing the CPU in this game IMO. The lack of the cpu's ability to attempt deep pass plays.
I was thinking that... there's two things that could be going on here...

Either they grabbed the sim engine from '04, since this seems to be nearly identical to that one or they have the exact same play calling and QB receiver selection logic in the sim engine as they do in game.

If it's the second, then I bow down here to EA for doing such a good job simulating what happens on the field in Madden, and hopefully next year they'll make some adjustments to that, and it'll be reflected naturally in the sim engine.

If it's the first... hey, still no argument, the '04 engine was the last one that was serviceable.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

At first I thought the RB TD numbers looked low - only 4 having 10 or more. Then I looked and there was only 6 guys with 10 plus last year. Though there were 9 in 2006 with Tomlinson getting 28. I wonder if this means that 2 backs are gettign carries. Russell did you notice if teams like the Saints had numbers for both Deuce and Bush?

I hope it is possible for a historic season, like Tomlinson in 06, but in general I like these stats much better than previous Maddens.

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 06-02-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
At first I thought the RB TD numbers looked low - only 4 having 10 or more. Then I looked and there was only 6 guys with 10 plus last year. Though there were 9 in 2006 with Tomlinson getting 28. I wonder if this means that 2 backs are gettign carries. Russell did you notice

I hope it is possible for a historic season, like Tomlinson in 06, but in general I like these stats much better than previous Maddens.
I would presume so, look at how many teams are doing 2 backs systems prominately...Dallas, Jacksonville, Minnesota (sorta), NYG
Old 06-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Completion percentages are too high, completions are too short.

The sim engine is throwing an inordinate amount of quick passes, leading to low receiving averages and high completion percentages. This probably also accounts for the lack of big TD numbers for QBs.

Runningbacks look awesome. A bit too few carries, but not by much.

If Ian or Phil are interested, I can give you exact issues with what I'm seeing if you wanna make some last minute adjustments, but this is tolerable. Looks like the 04 engine, actually. The sim engine's playcalling is a tad too conservative, but otherwise it looks okay.

I'm the kind of perfectionist that once the game comes out I'm going to do extensive testing and see if I can find a way to adjust those passing and receiving numbers to the right spot anyways. If I can't, I don't mind, these are definitely tolerable.
I had the same thought about the similarities between it and '04. It's very close to perfect, it would be awesome if they could get a few tweaks in before release but if it would prove too difficult or mess up other areas of the sim engine then certainly it would be fine left alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Good stuff. Too bad it's all moot if the offseason is busted again. Then it's just a glorified season mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »