Home

Trade Future Draft Picks?

This is a discussion on Trade Future Draft Picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Trade Future Draft Picks?

Does anyone know if 09 will feature the ability to trade future draft picks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Trade Future Draft Picks?

I don't have a link but I thought I saw this question in one of the Q&A threads and the answer was no. I'm not sure but I think your answer is no.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I think you can in Head Coach.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
I think you can in Head Coach.
Only in Head Coach...Not madden
Old 06-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Unf******believeable. Seriously - how hard can it be??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Unf******believeable. Seriously - how hard can it be??
Agreed. That is a main ingredient in the draft every single year. This past year the Cowboys had two picks, and the Browns gave up their number one this past year for Quinn. Yet if you play Madden, you get Quinn and a draft pick.

This upcoming year, the Eagles have two number 1's to help build with. Yet in Madden it doesnt matter, you will still only have one.

It cannot be that hard to incorporate. Maybe this Madden will be the same afterall... and this is coming from someone who is/was extremely hyped, but lately all the news I'm reading and seeing isnt all that great. (Franchise, now this)
Old 06-18-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

The answer is no for Madden 09. Yes for HC 09 and that really Blankin, gosh blankety, blankin blanks me off!!!

If they can figure out how to do that for the HC game, then they sure as blank can get it into Madden.

Every time one of these issues comes up, we hear about "priorities" within the "dev cycle" and that reason/excuse is getting old. We have been asking for this for years.

I am gonna make it easy on them for Madden 2010. Here is the "priority list" for that "developement cycle";

1. Online franchise - this should be the number 1 focus of Madden 2010!!!

Games and week advancement just like NCAA online dynasty, OFFSEASON can be broken up into parts and advanced on a similar schedule, draft can be either a "live event" or a setting where once HUM player with the highest draft pick signs in the draft would move along up to his pick, once he picks the draft would stop until the next player signs in and so on. Groups who want to allow draft trades could either opt for a "live event" or agree to make all draft trades before the draft to facilitate the other option. Players who may miss events could "appoint a proxy" to carry out his GM moves (in the case of vacations or whatever)
CPU should offer trades, you should be able to trade draft picks from at least one year ahead of where you are!
FA should be revamped (if I have a 96 OVR ROLB & a 91 LOLB on my team, there is no way a 88 OVR OLB should want to sign w/ my team, in fact no player rated higher than 86 OVR should wanna sign w/ a team where he is not gonna be #1 or 2 on the depth chart depending on the position - QBs, FBs, TEs, MLBs in a 4-3, DTs in a 3-4 should want to be the #1 option, other positions where 2 are generally on the field at the same time or RBs looking at a team that nearly evenly splits the carries should want to be no less than #2 by OVR and they should get POed if they sign and do not see significant playing time).
Trades, wether HUM or CPU initiated should have to favor the CPU and a "slider" should be provided to make this more or less difficult. They should use the Draft Pick Value Chart that Jimmy Johnson created and nearly all NFL teams use as a guideline for draft day trades! ( i have it and will gladly e-mail it to them)
Players leaving a HUM team in a trade to the CPU should have diminished value (think of R. Moss deal with the Raiders being the HUM and the Cheatriots being the CPU) and vise versa (think J. Allen with the Vikings being the HUM team and KC being the CPU). Does not have to be as extreme as the Moss deal, but could be with the slider adjustment!!!
CPU teams should have an advantage in FA or another slider to determine that so that you can make it so that if a HUM team wants a 88 + OVR FA he has to "over pay" to get him!
Progression tuning that takes into account expanded coaching staffs and their ratings snd that of you training staff, great players on team at that position, hidden ratings such as work ethic, film study, personality/coachability and potential. The potential should effect how a player's ratings advance in the offseason and in practice. A 1st RD choice with low POT may be very close to as good as he can get and only production on the field will allow him to advance, while a 6th RD guy may be "raw" but have great POT and he will advance in ratings while not even playing (up to like year 3 in the league) and production on top of that will allow him to advance more rapidly (T. Brady, T. Romo, S. Young all come to mind)

2. Return to last gen DEF PLAYMAKER/HOT ROUTE SYSTEM - the next gen system sucks!!!

3. Last Gen Controls as a preconfigured option!!!

4. Oline vs Dline improvements - Pocket forming, hand fighting, double teams, blitz pick up, etc etc...

5. Gameplay improvements/ tweaks - smoother player movements, better "physics", QB drop, consistent "pressure sensitive button feedback"...

6. Profile/ Game save issues - seperate the franchise files, the roster files, and the general settings from the profiles!!!

7. Absolutely NO MINI-GAMES, not for "fun", not for progression, all those are is a waste of EA/Tiburon's time and talent!!!

8. Integrate a profile tendency copy for CPU - If your buddy comes over and plays a few games, the CPU will track his tendencies (play calling, formations, pass vs run, situational, and his "stick" tendencies (timing of jukes, trucks, spins, etc) and once he leaves you can then "transfer" that profile to HUM vs CPU games and the CPU will mimick that guy's style of play. They should make this feature work so that any time you log in with your profile to Madden online your profile will be available for anyone to "download" so they can play against you without you being there! Then you could "download" enough profiles to "fill out" the CPU teams in a franchise and assign them certain "profiles" to make CPU games closer to playing a "live opponent".

9. Once you have accomplished the above list you may, no you will have developed the greatest video game ever made, you may now offer me your deepest gratitude for showing you the way!!!
All you will need to do at this point is to fine tune the gameplay from year to year, tweak and add to franchise mode, and update the rosters, oh and collect lots of money!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this issue was in the very early madden PS2 versions, correct? It may have even been in the late PS1 versions I can't remember. Even though I am looking forward to this game, I still can't believe how far forward we have come, yet how far backwards we have come at the same time. The saying one step forward and two steps back really applies here. Hopefully future versions can take us back there, I see a lot of promise with a lot of little things with EA sports football titles this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »