Home

With Stadiums, Player Models, and Grass This Good.. How Does EA Still Mess Up ___ ?

This is a discussion on With Stadiums, Player Models, and Grass This Good.. How Does EA Still Mess Up ___ ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
With Stadiums, Player Models, and Grass This Good.. How Does EA Still Mess Up ___ ?

The facemasks..

I know this seems like such a small gripe but I mean come on EA. You have every blade of grass on spot but you cant even input the right facemasks (and on the star players too).

Adrian Peterson's mask is not a 2 bar its a high 3.

Peyton Manning wears a lower revo with less bars.

EA needs to start watching football and maybe their games will actually play like it for a change.

Feel free to post some other gripe you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: With Stadiums, Player Models, and Grass This Good.. How Does EA Still Mess Up ___

What you have to understand is there is a lot left to do before we start worrying about face masks. The recent years game play has had many exploits and unrealistic tactics have been working. Once all that is fixed, we can worry about visuals; but gameplay is at the top of the priority list for me at least.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: With Stadiums, Player Models, and Grass This Good.. How Does EA Still Mess Up ___

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
The facemasks..

I know this seems like such a small gripe but I mean come on EA. You have every blade of grass on spot but you cant even input the right facemasks (and on the star players too).

EA needs to start watching football and maybe their games will actually play like it for a change.

here's an easy solution. Just edit the player's facemask yourself. (if allowed)

And you're argument is that they have "every blade of grass spot on" but not facemask... How can anyone disagree with that?

and EA's games don't play like football? Funny, I thought they played like football, unless you mean football(soccer) in which case, I completely agree.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
gameplay is at the top of the priority list for me at least.
Your far from alone Kardashian, with this kind of thinking. Game play #1 thing always to me as well.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
The facemasks..

I totally agree with you, go look at the rookie screenshots and almost every one of them is wrong. http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/media.jsp
I honestly think that EA did that on purpose. This should just be a thread to post all the changes to equipment (facemasks) that EA got wrong.
AP-Madden
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...page=mediaFull
AP real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

You can change the equipment yourself against CPU opponents except the problem is that during online play - these changes are non-existant. Kind of sucks for me because I plan on spending most of my time playing people online. I too like the equipment to be accurate.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

It blows my mind how people can continue to bitch and moan about the most trivial garbage known to mankind.

"Hey, even though issues from 3 years ago haven't been addressed and Franchise mode hasn't been touched, lets complain about the things that really matter. Facemasks!!"
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

lol

I love the fallacy that since other things are a higher priority, a small, simple thing should be ignored.

Hey, heart disease is much more threatening to people than: the war in iraq, AIDS, gas prices, unemployment, my garbage being picked up on time.

So if the government leaves trash at your door for a month don't complain cause I'll be right here to say "WTF, where are your priorities! They have to find a cure for heart disease before they deal with this MINOR although easily correctable issue. WTF WTF AFter we cure heart disease we will come pick up that trash OK? Nobody is dying because your trash ain't been picked up, please stop bitching."

Last edited by tombrokaw; 06-23-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »