Home

Roster Updates w/ Silver membership? DLC?

This is a discussion on Roster Updates w/ Silver membership? DLC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Roster Updates w/ Silver membership? DLC?

Will there be any way for silver members to get roster updates? At least the initial one that fixes Favre on the Jets (since he was traded before the game even game out).

I do not have nor want a gold membership and while I agree that the 2 week updates are a perk of the money you spend, is there any talk of giving the first update away or at least making it a DLC purchase for $2.99 or something like that?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Roster Updates w/ Silver membership? DLC?

I think the only way is to buy an Xport (or whatever is used to transfer the files) and download the rosters from here.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

this is the only reason I bought the game for the PS3.. otherwise I would of bought it for my xbox 360.. i also don't want or need a gold membership

I would add this to the Madden 2010 wishlist thread.. there is no reason you should be forced to have a Gold membership to get Roster Updates.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this is the only reason I bought the game for the PS3.. otherwise I would of bought it for my xbox 360.. i also don't want or need a gold membership

I would add this to the Madden 2010 wishlist thread.. there is no reason you should be forced to have a Gold membership to get Roster Updates.
But wasn't this also an issue on Head Coach? You had to have a Gold Membership in order to get the new roster?

They were free in previous years (re: only a Silver membership was required). I hope this is not a trend.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This really bothers me. I wouldn't even mind if the Gold members got their roster updates before the rest of us and then it was made available to Silver members 2-4 weeks after the Golds get it.

But really, something like a roster update should be something we all should get regardless if we have a Gold or Silver account.

I really hope this doesn't become a trend. I've had to spend a lot of time the past few days tweaking the rosters to try and get them to match the opening day rosters.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
They were free in previous years (re: only a Silver membership was required). I hope this is not a trend.
I don't remember roster updates for EA games ever being available to Silver members, at least not before the 08 games(I switched to PS3 before the 08 games came out). Most 2K games also required Gold, with the exception of the NHL 2K series.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Why should they be made available to those who don't subscribe to the service? Obviously you have another choice to get it on the PS3, and that's all well and good. But with XBL it is a tiered service, if you HAVE the service, as opposed to a silver one (which I wouldn't call having it) then you're given the content. If I was EA I would put the rosters up for DLC and charge for it if silver memberships want them. 200 points for each one...

It isn't like it was a secret that Xbox Live was a pay service before they put the 360 on sale. I can't say I see your gripe.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it's ridiculous that people actually make a stink over $4.16 a month. That's what live costs you per year. $4.16 and you're on XBL. How can people complain about that? I mean, that's the price of a value meal at Mcdonalds. That's less then half the price of a large Pizza.

I'd argue that if you can't afford $4.16 a month, you probably can't afford the system for which it runs on in the first place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »