Home

Ian, do we have to finish online games when people quit?

This is a discussion on Ian, do we have to finish online games when people quit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Ian, do we have to finish online games when people quit?

I have been playing 07 abit online and had totally forgotten about having to finish the game against the CPU after someone quits to get the win. This is SO frustrating. I really hope this changes in future iterations of Madden. Maybe you could get the win if they quit after the half? I know you do gameplay, but this really needs to be fixed.

The other thing that I would mention is that the "Concede Game" needs to be highlighted or enlarged or moved to the playcall screen as people do not know it even exists and it is truly the way to exit a blowout.

Cdon

Last edited by cdon2k; 07-03-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Ian, do we have to finish online games when people quit?

I don't think you could have an accurate ranking system if people where able to quit games and get the win at any time. I wish they would fix online rank, the exploiters are always are on top of the ranks and nothing is done about it.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

finishing against the cpu is accurate? I mean what's the big deal, you deserve the win if they quit on you, especially if it's in the 2nd half.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I have been playing 07 abit online and had totally forgotten about having to finish the game against the CPU after someone quits to get the win. This is SO frustrating. I really hope this changes in future iterations of Madden. Maybe you could get the win if they quit after the half? I know you do gameplay, but this really needs to be fixed.

The other thing that I would mention is that the "Concede Game" needs to be highlighted or enlarged or moved to the playcall screen as people do not know it even exists and it is truly the way to exit a blowout.

Cdon
Personally I've been wanting this change for a long time. It's pretty boring playing against a CPU after you've played someone online and caused them to quit for whatever reason. If it's in the 2nd half you should get credit for the win.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Ranking takes more into consideration than the win, if you let stats and wins count during anytime the game is ended it would be near immpossible to have an accurate ranking system. You'd be comparing someones defensive stats and or offensive stats of a partially completed game, to those of completed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Are you guys serious?

Nah, you can't be seriously worried about the online rankings. The online rankings are complete BS! The rankings need to be wiped clean every year on Aug 30. You should not get any credit for previous versions of the game. Games played before the release date shouldn't count for anything. And you there is no way you can convince me that the guys at the top of the rankings are not cheating to get there!!!

Not to mention the fact that 80% of the time I have the lead and the game is pretty much over - the other guy activates the dissconnect glitch and I get nothing, excempt a higher DNF, for nearly an hour of laggy, glitch ridden frustration.

If you are winning after the half and the other guy "bails", wether he quits, disconnects, loses service from his ISP, or asks for "mercy", you should get the win!!!

Screw the stats! What do they impact, really??? Nothing, absolutely nothing. It is cool that they are tracked, but they really don't mean squat!

And really if this is such a big deal, then have the stats you accumulated to that point multipied out to reflect a "projected" complete game total. ie - you are winning and the 3rd qtr ends, the other guy "bails" and you have 75 yds passing and 75 yds rushing, then the game would count as a win with 100 yds in both categories. Really though the stats don't mean anything in the greater scheme of things!!!

Seriously, online sucks!!! Glitches, lag, cheaters, and no way to track wether your ISP screwed you or the EA servers did or whatever else could happen. I have had weeks where I had no connection issues and then stretches where every game I played ended in a disconnect and you can't even tell what went wrong.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Yeah online sucks. When I first got Madden 08 on next gen i though online would be a blast.

But it sucks. Laggy (probably fixed this year), everyone cheesing, disconnecting on loss, stupid tactics, going for 4th down. Its frustrating, can't get a straight game from a random person.

And theres too much emphasis on rankings. People are freaking dcing glitch, pause glitch, 3 man rush glitching. Like every person freakin does it. Online, in my own personal experience has been an enormous waste of time.

Everyone I see in the lobby, with a decent record, ranking, stats, I question to myself, Are they cheaters?

If i'm asking this question everytime I'm only, that speaks for the validity of online rankings.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Yeah online sucks. When I first got Madden 08 on next gen i though online would be a blast.

But it sucks. Laggy (probably fixed this year), everyone cheesing, disconnecting on loss, stupid tactics, going for 4th down. Its frustrating, can't get a straight game from a random person.

And theres too much emphasis on rankings. People are freaking dcing glitch, pause glitch, 3 man rush glitching. Like every person freakin does it. Online, in my own personal experience has been an enormous waste of time.

Everyone I see in the lobby, with a decent record, ranking, stats, I question to myself, Are they cheaters?

If i'm asking this question everytime I'm only, that speaks for the validity of online rankings.
I have to agree. Recently, I became level 2 online. Now, I cant play anyone any more. No lvl 1's will play me and almost all the people my level or higher are cheaters or cheesers. I have not won an online game since I became lvl 2, and that was 7 games ago. My record is now 45-33. Im a very good player, but it is difficult to find a match against someone who plays fair anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »