Home

**** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions****

This is a discussion on **** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions**** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
**** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions****

Good evening all,

I purchased the Madden demo from Walmart. I know, I know, I needed to see the game in motion before the release date.

Ok, I am not a fan of EA's sports game. This is largely due to the crap they have been putting out for years. NCAA is a tradegy to me and maybe next year it will be worth the purchase.

SURPRISE!!! Madden 09 is a new game folks. 08 is not even close to the demo and if the real-deal is better than the demo we are all in for surprise.

Here is my list of good things:

1.Graphics are the best I ever seen in any sports title
2.Early build, the animation is above average. You can now see RB's preparing for contact. Nice touch
3.QB accuracy is realistic. You can't throw on the run and hit your WR on the money.
4. Player control and momentum is on par. You now feel like you can control your players movement and no silly pre-canned animations
5. Tackles look realistic
6. WR animations are realistic
7. Your QB can scramble a bit out of the pocket, But the pass rush is intense and he won't get far. Also his throw will not be accurate. This was most of the time with Eli.
8. Uniforms get dirty
9. Defense seemed solid. I had a tough time scoring.
10. The variences in QB throws is very well done
There is more and I will add as i remember

The ugly/bad:
1. Defensive players and offensive players on some plays will stop and stand still
2. WR will go into the sideline catch motion, but they are about a half a yard from the sideline
3. Still some slightly huge arms on some players. Eli had biceps I did not know he had. ha
4. Crossing parterns are a bit to effective. I took one the house on a short crossing partern and Plax out ran the entire 'D'.
5. The actual football needs a make over (that's just me being picky)
I will write more as it comes to mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden 09 Demo Impressions

Sounds great. And remember the demo is from April. I know there have been many improvements since then. If that build is that good just imagine what we will have August 12th

And those are very positive impressions coming from someone who didn't like NCAA.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

DONF

You giving the game a thumbs up just sent my excitement and anticipation through the roof.

Thanks for the impressions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

yeah good stuff DONF. u got me hyped up man!!!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks for the impressions! All info is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Did the demo take your performance in the virtual drills into account? Meaning, did it set your difficulty levels depending on how well (or not) you did?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds pretty good so far. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Did the demo take your performance in the virtual drills into account? Meaning, did it set your difficulty levels depending on how well (or not) you did?
I am not sure. But, I thought i would not like the virtual stuff and thought it was an EA gimmick. Low and behold I actually liked it and it help me out game knowledge wise.

The running game appears to be on point. I had some realllllll nice runs with Jacobs. You really have control and need to follow your blockers. you can now make moves like a real RB should and don't have to deal with the old canned animations of 08. Also, I had a nice run and the DB tackling me stripped the ball and I fumble. the animation on that looked real nice.

I have to say, this game is looking good. Light years ahead of 08 and Allpro. Yes, I said Allpro. I was going to wait, but i just cant. ha

More to come. I am still playing folks. It is a short demo, but i am trying out different things.

oh, I tried to pass the ball to an open man but Seymour (spelling error) caught me in the act. No more passing perfect while being sacked folks

Last edited by DONF; 07-23-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »