Home

Franchise changes?

This is a discussion on Franchise changes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6
Franchise changes?

I've been looking on this site and others for any threads about this, and haven't found much about any changes, big or small, to franchise mode this year. I did see the dev blog about the new simulation engine and the franchise stats, but nothing was said about franchise itself.

So, if Ian or Phil are out there, have their been any new additions/changes? For example, last year the trophy case background was added, with plaques for each season, etc. Any changes to player progression? HoF classes? Expanded the record books at all? My big wish this year is for Super Bowl endzones. I won't get my hopes up, as I've been waiting for these since I was let down by Madden 06. Regardless, any info anyone has about new changes to franchise mode this year are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise changes?

pretty much thats it no1 has talked about franchise man ive been buggin ian and phil for months about it but phil said theres nothin new really and that next year it will be overhauled
the only thing so far anyone has said for this year is better stats and rivalry games have a better atmosphere
Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

the biggest improvement to Franchise this year (in my opinion) is the realistic stats. Last year's was ridiculous. 10+ runningbacks with 1600+ rush yards, 5+ QB's with 120+ ratings...

last year in my franchise w/ Eagles, Westbrook had 1500 rush yards, 14 rush tds, 94 receptions for 850 yards with 7 rec. tds, and he still didnt even make the pro bowl, because so many other backs (amazingly) had better numbers than him.

stats will be more realistic this year
Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
Rookie

yeah it will make it alot better im very disappointed that they didnt add even one feature to it but il probly get over it as long as it works and the gameplay is so much better il just have to wait till next year for an awesome franchise mode im hoping that head coach is a preview of whats to come next year for madden
cant wait to get my hands on the collectors addition august 12th 4 days after my bday ahhh lol
Old 07-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
yeah it will make it alot better im very disappointed that they didnt add even one feature to it but il probly get over it as long as it works and the gameplay is so much better il just have to wait till next year for an awesome franchise mode im hoping that head coach is a preview of whats to come next year for madden
cant wait to get my hands on the collectors addition august 12th 4 days after my bday ahhh lol
Mines is Aug 9th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

hmm. crap. Well, like I said, I'm hopeful theres at least a few minor changes that Ian or Phil could talk about.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusion
Mines is Aug 9th.
Mines on the 12th =]. Too bad my 360 is broken. Hopefully its repaired in time for Madden.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Schreck11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnessx1
the biggest improvement to Franchise this year (in my opinion) is the realistic stats. Last year's was ridiculous. 10+ runningbacks with 1600+ rush yards, 5+ QB's with 120+ ratings...

last year in my franchise w/ Eagles, Westbrook had 1500 rush yards, 14 rush tds, 94 receptions for 850 yards with 7 rec. tds, and he still didnt even make the pro bowl, because so many other backs (amazingly) had better numbers than him.

stats will be more realistic this year
i agree stats last year were terrible im looking forward to starting my franchise with the vikings and playing with 95 ovr. Adrian Peterson
Minnesota Gophers
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »